NFL ROUNDUP: Cowboys cut ties with ex-Wolverine Henson

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060824/SPORTS11/608240374/1059&template=printart

IRVING, Texas -- Former University of Michigan quarterback Drew Henson won't be on the Dallas Cowboys roster this season.
"I just didn't see enough," coach Bill Parcells said Wednesday.
Henson's locker had already been cleaned out when reporters were allowed into the locker room before practice. For now, rookie free agent Matt Baker is the No. 3 quarterback behind Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo.
"I'm really not at liberty to discuss the situation because I'm not privy to that information," Parcells said. "He's not going to be on our roster. That's all you need to know."
MORE COWBOYS: Wide receiver Terrell Owens said he reaggravated his left hamstring injury by returning to practice too soon last week. Owens characterized his injury as a "severe pull" and said he expects to miss his third straight exhibition game. The Cowboys play at home Saturday night against San Francisco, Owens' original team.
CHICAGO: Running back Thomas Jones will start Friday against Arizona after missing the first two exhibition games with a pulled hamstring.
Indianapolis: Running back James Mungro has been placed on injured reserve and will miss the entire season after tearing a knee ligament Sunday against Seattle.
NEW ENGLAND: The Patriots released veteran Martin Gramatica, giving the kicking job to rookie Stephen Gostkowski.
NEW ORLEANS: The Saints acquired linebacker Scott Shanle from the Cowboys for an undisclosed draft pick in the 2007 NFL draft.
Oakland: Raiders center Jake Grove will an undergo a second MRI on his injured left shoulder. Grove will miss Friday's exhibition game against the Lions. He will be replaced by Corey Hulsey.
San Francisco: Center Jeremy Newberry has been placed on injured reserve, eight days after the two-time Pro Bowl center had surgery to repair his damaged left knee.
Tennessee: Vince Young hit the back of his throwing hand against a helmet during practice. Young was examined on the field, then walked off for X-rays and did not return to practice. "He's going to be all right. X-rays were negative," coach Jeff Fisher said. "He's going to have a sore hand, and we haven't ruled him out for the game."

Back