Next US President

its kinda scary that NONE of us, who posted, wants to vote for Kerry....i wonder what the elections will be like this year.

Even beyond this forum (which one would expect tilts toward Bush among US participants), you'll find peoplewho are not so much interested in Kerry as they are in getting Bush out.

This is why Kerry has been deliberatley vague on his plans. He doesn't want to give Bush anything to pick apart and Kerry's base doesn't need for him to articulate a platofrm. They are motivated enough without it.

I wonder, though, if not putting out a solid platform will cost him among the Independents.

Bush without a doubt. The whoile flip flop thing is one thing. But evidently Kerry isnt much of a strategist. In the democratic primaries he said that Edwards had no qualifications as prez...so what makes him worth being a vice prez? Kerry said "what qualities...and his looks and hair dont count...what qualities doe John Edwards have?" After seeing what Bush did during Thanksgiving in the hospital, it shows how he feels towards the troops whom the democrats say he "has no disregard for" If the man had no disregard for the soldiers, would he have spent time with them on Thanksgiving instead of safe at home with his family? Theres a saying I seen about John Kerry's stance on gay marriage lol "If you wanna marry a fairy...vote for Kerry" hehe Im all for Bush because I know he will not falter and he will not fail...while Kerry on the other hand would still probably be on the "Abu Gharib atrocuty" kick by the way he handled himself after he returned from Vietnam.

I find the hatred for Bush ... disgusting because you have all these celebrities in Hollywood who have hated the man before he even stepped into office, they hated him because of his policies in Texas. So of course, you have the crazy Liberal Hollywood and the newspapers like NYT, printing stories about Abu Gharib, more than ANYTHING else. And for some odd reason ... that's fine, if someone called them out, they get BS for it.

I like to think it's a mantra of "Anybody but Bush" with his non-supporters but look who they want to replace Bush with ... a second robot who looks like a dobermann. His own record is shot and he does not have the support of his former shipmates.

Yeah he might have 11 generals and admirals, but I'm sure they're supporting him for some back door reason.

Newly crowned Kerry storms back on the campaign trail

r3493219289.jpg

That was taken of course at the Wendy's .... but the fact that Kerry just saw a photographic moment makes it seem almost cold but I'm glad those Marines held their ground.

Damien said:
I can't tell, but is Kerry lecturing the Marines or just talking to them?

Well somewhere during the "conversation" he was asking the Marine questions. He said he only responded with "yes" or "no" but you shouldn't be pointing your finger at his chest. Imagine if a Marine did that. Bad publicity for the Corps.

I understand Kerry saw it as a photo op because the Kerry-Edwards posse came in - Kerry spotted the Marines - started to ask questions. And the photo was taken with him pointing his finger at his chest.

You can agree the Marine doesn't look happy, lol

If I were of age i would probably vote for Kerry, I really don't like Bush's environmental policies, or his economic policies, call me strang but I like clean air and taxes. I do however like Bush's military policies. But I'm not sure I agree with the religious overtones he seems to have. It's a close call, I hope Kerry will start to outline some policies instead of being so vague, I went to Ralph Nader's website and he has every single issue outlined and a plan for each one, it puts the other two candidates website's to shame. Too bad he's crazy.

Damien said:
I can't tell, but is Kerry lecturing the Marines or just talking to them?

r3493219289.jpg

"Mind if I borrow those colorful rectangle things? I want to throw them over the White House fence"

He is probably tryin to find out if he could borrow them for his next interview so it looks like he actually did something.[/quote]

Sooners1 said:
He is probably tryin to find out if he could borrow them for his next interview so it looks like he actually did something.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! You were the first to get me to laugh after a semi-stressful first day of school... LOL!

I'm going with John Kerry, basically I'm just going off the lesser of the two evils IMO. I wish I had some better choices, but I'll have to go with what I got

Like my civics/economy teacher said, if you agree with some of both of their ideas, you should think, "Which of these two people would I feel comfortable inviting into my house for a glass of iced tea?" That's somewhat how I've always felt. yes, the past somewhat matters, not as much anymore b/c I don't think you should judge peoples past. Yes, I have made really stupid choices, some of them things I will never be able to change, no matter how much I regret, but does that make me a bad person? I hope not.

Someone that I will be able to trust as a person, as a president, and I can feel like I know whats going on with. That's who I would want.

True, you shouldnt dwell in the past but the past gives a good idea of the future.

To think though that someone would use their past, as bad as it is, as a presidential campaign would most likely call out for his past to be used. For instance John Kerry saying the men he served with was his "Band of Brothers" yet when he returned he through away the medals he earned while working alongside those same men and accusing them of committing war atrocities doesnt set well with me when I want to look at someone as far as trusting them. At least with Bush I know for a fact...if he says he'll do something, he'll do it.

soldierzhonor said:
True, you shouldnt dwell in the past but the past gives a good idea of the future.

To think though that someone would use their past, as bad as it is, as a presidential campaign would most likely call out for his past to be used. For instance John Kerry saying the men he served with was his "Band of Brothers" yet when he returned he through away the medals he earned while working alongside those same men and accusing them of committing war atrocities doesnt set well with me when I want to look at someone as far as trusting them. At least with Bush I know for a fact...if he says he'll do something, he'll do it.

Well, he saved his purple hearts. :lol:

I've noticed that most people who say Kerry say "because he's the lesser of two evils." What's with it always being "Anybody but Bush?"

Damien said:
I've noticed that most people who say Kerry say "because he's the lesser of two evils." What's with it always being "Anybody but Bush?"

People are scared of commitment.

If no one gets this, I'll post an explanation... kinda far out but that's alright./

I'd vote on Bush. But my system is more fun than serious.

I liked Howard Dean 'cause the the "WAAAA!"

I like Bush, 'cause he thinks he's funny.. But he ain't, and that makes him funny.

Kerry.. Is just Kerry :?

Back