Next Navy Aircraft Carrier To Be Named For 38th President

In my opinion USS America sounds better than USS Ford, USS Bush, or USS Reagan.

And word I got was Orbiter Vehicle 101 Enterprise was due engines after her tests originally, but NASA changed things up after the tests.

I starting to think , that it may be best just to call the CV, or CVN (enter service no. here)

How about the USS Don't :cen: With Me

Start giving the ships mottos instead of names?

Or the USS Kiss My :cen:

Perhaps the USS Yo Momma

Let's just hope the captain isn't clumsy like Ford tended to be.

I know someone who watched him fall out of AF1 in West Germany.

Come up with more creative names. The presidential names are too long. "Wasp." "Enterprise." "Yorktown." "Ranger." Short and sweet. "Gerald R. Ford" is a bit of a mouthful.

USS Infidel... that has a nice ring to it dontcha think?

How about USS Road To Paradise... USS RTP for short.
On the bow we could paint "Allahu Akbar This"

Gator you don't think the tearing down of the Berlin Wall was a great accomplishment and the man that played a HUGE role in it shouldnt get a carrier named after him?

I just hope they dont name any thing in Clinton name.

He deserves to have a vessel named after him as much as any other President who has been so honored who (in my humble opinion), have NOT rated this type of recognition.

An argument could be made that none of the Bushes or Reagan have contributed anything deserving of the honor of having a United States Ship (USS) named after them.

I detest this 'political' wussiness that places politicians names on our warships ... I'd rather have the politicos stick to naming airfields, and buildings with the name of over-rated politicians and leave the Navy's naming of ships alone.

As a retired Navy man, I prefer to have Naval ships named after the former proud ships that earned their reputations on the high seas in countless theaters of war throughout the world and in countless wars. The men who so gallantly served on these ships deserve to have these names remembered.

George Bush Sr. was a Navy Flier, good choice on the USS Bush, only trouble is the guy is still alive, the Navy should have waited until after he was in the ground awhile.

It's George H.W. Bush. Not Sr.

Looks like the Navy won't waiting him to die. USS George H.W Bush (CVN-77 and Nimitz Class same as USS Ronald Reagan) are under way. It's going to be big fat @$$ carrier.

Please trust this link. haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_George_H._W._Bush_(CVN-77)

I just hope they dont name any thing in Clinton name.

I'd honor a president voted into office for 2 terms with an aircraft carrier. America's economy made some significant leaps and bounds under Clinton. It's no easy feat to be voted into office for 2 presidential terms.

Were you outside of America when Clinton was in office? The guy humiliated the whole country. He was the typical symbol of why "America is evil." A womanizing leader who can't hold his own dick telling people, who believe they are righteous, what to do.
Man did that stir up a lot of America hating.

Last edited:
It'd be nice if we could name ships after new things, instead of recycling most of the time. I mean, don't get me wrong, we should honor the memory of past ships and the sailors who served on them, but new names would be nice too.

I think the Royal Navy has some really interesting names... Ark Royal, Invincible, Indefatigable (quite a mouthful!). The Japanese Navy had some really poetic destroyer names too: Yukikazi (Snowy Wind), Hatsuyuki (Winter's First Snow), Akigumo (Autumn Clouds).

Were you outside of America when Clinton was in office? The guy humiliated the whole country. He was the typical symbol of why "America is evil." A womanizing leader who can't hold his own dick telling people, who believe they are righteous, what to do.
Man did that stir up a lot of America hating.

I guess you'd be in favor of a "so-called righteous man", who lied, lied, and lied to the world as to why a foreign country who was NOT guilty of attacking America and was invaded by US troops, having a ship named for him? By the way, he has still NOT given the real reason for his order of invasion ..... and the war goes on and on and on.

Just for information, I don't believe that Clinton stirred up hate outside of the US for his sexual misbehaviour ... hatred between US political parties for sure ... but ... none outside our borders - they are used to sexual peccadilloes with their own leaderships.

Back