NEWSWEEK ON PRESIDENT BUSH

Missileer

For those who give a care, here's the words from some families that met with President Bush.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8941525/site/newsweek/

Privately, Bush has met with about 900 family members of some 270 soldiers killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. The conversations are closed to the press, and Bush does not like to talk about what goes on in these grieving sessions, though there have been hints. An hour after he met with the families at Fort Bragg in June, he gave a hard-line speech on national TV. When he mentioned the sacrifice of military families, his lips visibly quivered.

The president and the widow hugged. "It felt like he could have been my dad," Owen recalled to NEWSWEEK. "It was like we were old friends. It almost makes me sad. In a way, I wish he weren't the president, just so I could talk to him all the time."

Good post. I've read similar stories about Bush's genuine compassion for those who lost loved ones. Both in the war and in 9-11. He is truly a great leader.

Toyuzu said:
Good post. I've read similar stories about Bush's genuine compassion for those who lost loved ones. Both in the war and in 9-11. He is truly a great leader.

What's tough is having to keep a war face in public to show resolve and strength to the Nation while keeping his true compassion inside until alone.

Such is the burden of most leaders who have commanded troops into battle. Could you image how FDR or Lincoln felt? Bush has only lost 1800, they each lost several hundred thousand. Its perfectly normal for Bush to be upset. Despite his tough guy facade, I bet he's privately an emotional train wreak. We anti-Bush folk accuse Bush of being a bad president and a irresponisble leader. We have never accused him of being a monster.

Back