NEWS FLASH! Moqtada Sadr injured in Najaf

LIPS

Moqtada Sadr injured in Najaf
August 13, 2004

RADICAL Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr has been injured during the US assault on the city of Najaf in Iraq.

"He was wounded in three places and his condition is not known yet," said Sadr spokesman Sheikh Ahmed al-Shaibani from inside the revered Imam Ali mausoleum.

The above came from www.news.com.au

Apparently he's in the mosque. The only way to finish him off is actually walking in there and killing him.

capt.bag10908131110.iraq_bag109.jpg

This is a ING who was a POW then executed bu al-Sadr's men today. We know have him and his hooligans surrounded in the mosque. A British reporter has been kidnapped this morning, and will die in the next day if we dont pull out. This, IMHO, will be the defining moment of Islam, this siege will determine where the Shiite's go from here.

The British Journalist has been freed, Al Sadr, spoke with the thugs who were holding him and got him released. Now the Iraqi government and him are talking, Al Sadr wants all his fighters released, so we can have Najaf Pt. Infinity again.

Plus the Interior Minister is denying Al Sadr was wounded at all.

I agree - we need to get in there and get them, but only the Iraqis can do that, anyone else and they'll be in an uproar. We need a few brave Iraqis to get in there and get Al Idiot out. Supposedly the place is booby trapped.

GuyontheRight said:
Ohh, the ghost of Abu Bakr, sounds scary ;)

Your right, sombody needs to get in there, and that sombody needs to be a Muslim.

Exactly. Grant it, we're trying for peace and everything but as soon as all these "crackers" are gone, forever, we might have a real chance at it. No one is going to get any where while we still have Al Qaeda and religious zealots running about.

There are differents forms of evil and Al Sadr is just one of them.

Plus all these holy shrines, I believe are no longer considered to be holy once they step in and start firing RPGs at our brave men and women, plus the Iraqis who are there. To me, that just reeks of being a coward, if you want to "fight" you come out and fight like a "civilized" person, face to face, not running back to your shrine after shooting.

Could bring in religious tones such as if we don't get 'em, Allah sure will, at least I hope so.

Plus all these holy shrines, I believe are no longer considered to be holy once they step in and start firing RPGs at our brave men and women, plus the Iraqis who are there. To me, that just reeks of being a coward, if you want to "fight" you come out and fight like a "civilized" person, face to face, not running back to your shrine after shooting.

As I said in the other thread, this mosque is to important to the Muslim religion to chance it on a seriouse assult. Aby bakr was the first Caliph of the Islamic State and the Muslim equivilant to St. Peter. If we go in there were gonna have a whole lot more Muslims pissed off at us.

GuyontheRight said:

As I said in the other thread, this mosque is to important to the Muslim religion to chance it on a seriouse assult. Aby bakr was the first Caliph of the Islamic State and the Muslim equivilant to St. Peter. If we go in there were gonna have a whole lot more Muslims pissed off at us.

Yet we allow, not only us, but the Muslims allow other Muslims to destroy it? You can't have it both ways, or the terrorists will know that the closest religious center will be a safe bed for them.

Yet we allow, not only us, but the Muslims allow other Muslims to destroy it? You can't have it both ways, or the terrorists will know that the closest religious center will be a safe bed for them.

Frankly this is not just a Shiite Holy Place, even though they have claimed it for there own. Frankly Id like to know of the ING must be feeling as far as going into this place, God knows I wouldnt want to walk into St Peters Basillica with an AK.

GuyontheRight said:

Frankly this is not just a Shiite Holy Place, even though they have claimed it for there own. Frankly Id like to know of the ING must be feeling as far as going into this place, God knows I wouldnt want to walk into St Peters Basillica with an AK.

You wouldn't even make it in, the Vatican's army would probably shoot you on the spot. It seems to me, we have more rules (like where and when not to attack) than they do. They can attack anyone, any place at any time. You cannot properly fight terrorism when you're being led around on a short leash.

Hey, Im not advicating a truce at all, Im just saying that until the rest of the freken world understands the evil of these people, it would be potentially harmful to act violetnly in such a place. That being said, we are at war, so I would flush him out of there.

Is there a possibility of trying something other than a full fledged assault? Like pumping tons of tear gas into the area and flushing them out like rats? There must be a way.

Thats an interesting point Future, I wonder if anyone would take that seriously. Id actually be really interested in seeing a layout of the mosque to see if a decent CQB assult could be mounted.

http://accuweather.ap.org/apdbs/Intl_Photos/views/mini/7411/7411154.jpg

-Doesn't look to cut up now does he...

http://accuweather.ap.org/apdbs/Intl_Photos/views/mini/7411/7411125.jpg

-They must be getting desperate, giving guns to little girls...

Mod edit:Don't post large images, no need to waste bandwidth. Just post a link to the picture.

Looks at what HAMAS does to little kids in Palestine.

Now about the tear gas, it could also affect our people there on the ground, due to weather conditions etc. I think a lot of people, who are commentators on the news stations, agree we need to send the Iraqis in there.

They need to take some responsibility, we won't be there to hold their hands forever.

Wow, the whole worlds cheering for the Iraqi soccor team yet Europe doesn't want to help the Iraqi people. sadr is running out of time and he knows it, it's time to put a bullet in this mans head, I say, screw the ROE.

Back