NEWS FLASH! Moqtada Sadr injured in Najaf

GuyontheRight said:
Id actually be really interested in seeing a layout of the mosque to see if a decent CQB assult could be mounted.

You have experience in this area to deam CQB tactics and assaults?

I say, screw the ROE.

Now, there is a plan. The ROEs aren't in place for any particular reason. Why bother with them? We need civilians out here to tell us how it's done!

CQB on very prepared building....

You can have the best CQB tactics in the world, it would not allow you to defeat a well entrenched, prepared enemy. The occupiers have had months to prepare and the architecture of ancient buildings tend to have many small rooms and hallways since the construction engineering was not up to the standards of what we consider normal today. By the time you entered, it would be a slugfest that would end up with the destruction of the building, hence losing anyway.

As for the ROE, you always follow the ROE, always. Deviate from the ROE and you are no better than the people that we are fighting. I was suprised that the command allowed the fight to be brought into the cemetary let alone into the mosque!

Look, all Im asking is that do the ROE in this scenario prohibit the United States forces from premptivly shooting any of these militia. Because it seems like they are making peace every other day then coming back and shooting at are forces.

You have experience in this area to deam CQB tactics and assaults?

You know damn well I dont and that what I meant was that if the professionals will be able to do it. How the hell am I so suppose to know what the inside of the freken mosque looks like? All I know is that if a missle is fired in there it's not gonna be good news in establishing friendship with the Arabs.

GuyontheRight said:
You know damn well I dont and that what I meant was that if the professionals will be able to do it. How the h**l am I so suppose to know what the inside of the freken mosque looks like? All I know is that if a missle is fired in there it's not gonna be good news in establishing friendship with the Arabs.

Your own words:
Id actually be really interested in seeing a layout of the mosque to see if a decent CQB assult could be mounted.
It is obvious I did not know what you "meant," otherwise, I wouldn't have asked the question. I do not read minds young man, I only read the words on the screen.

Careful with the attitude.

Rnder, Im sorry, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. Maybe every civilian here should just keep there mouth shut when it comes to this thing. All I want is the best for are guys on the ground, and I hope you know that, so please just disregard whatever I said that may have offended you or been taken the wrong way.

GuyontheRight said:
Rnder, Im sorry, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut. Maybe every civilian here should just keep there mouth shut when it comes to this thing. All I want is the best for are guys on the ground, and I hope you know that, so please just disregard whatever I said that may have offended you or been taken the wrong way.

Not every civilian is making comments about seeing if "decent CQB assaults" can be "mounted." Perhaps you did not mean it that way, but that is how it came across.

Following the ROE is what is best for us, they are what keep us separate from the bad guys. They may seem tame at the moment, but then again, we're carrying foreign policy on our shoulders right now - we have to be cautious and calculating with our actions.

Well that changes things now doesn't it. Once again, sorry buddy, If I had any idea you were involved in this mess I would of kept my mouth shut.

GuyontheRight said:
A British reporter has been kidnapped this morning, and will die in the next day if we dont pull out.

These people must be freakin' idiots! How many people have they executed? And we haven't pulled out yet. Do they really expect us to pull out here? Idiots. Anyway, if we want to kill this guy in the mosque, we should sent an Iraqi force in to do it since US forces can't directly engage forces in a mosque.

Back