Newby!

--

October 28th, 2004  
Missileer

Topic: Newby!

Hey to everyone from DFW, Texas.
I'm a member as of today and found this site by accident while surfing. I live in a small town (Rowlett) in Rockwall county. We are about 15 miles East of Dallas, or as we call it the Metromess.

I was in the Army Air Defense from 1962-1965. I was stationed on a couple of Nike Hercules missile sites around Los Angeles. I got out as a Sp 4, E-4. I was an acquisition radar operator.

When I became a civilian again, I went back to College on the GI bill and went to work for a defense company. I have been in defense work since `65 and presently work for Raytheon Co. in McKinney, Tx. I was in night vision and FLIR for years but worked for a while on Paveway (smart bombs) and missiles but am now back in FLIR sights for tanks and armored vehicles.

My wife and I have been married for 42 years and have two Sons, one Daughter and four Grandsons. The funny thing is I never travelled in the service but have been all over the United States in the business world.
That's about it for my intro. When your life is G-rated, not much happens.
October 28th, 2004  
cbbr08

welcome... Tyler TX here
October 29th, 2004  
Courtenay

HOWDY! Welcome aboard!
--
October 29th, 2004  
bllrby2104

welcome to the fourms
October 29th, 2004  
SleepySweeper

Welcome Missileer

It's good to see a fellow NIKE Hercules missileman here! 8)
October 29th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Welcome to the Forums, Missileer. Hope you have a good time here.

Just out of curiosity...what exactly is a Nike Hercules Missile?
October 29th, 2004  
USAOwnz

Welcome!
October 29th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCdt Steliga
Just out of curiosity...what exactly is a Nike Hercules Missile?
http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&q=...+missile&meta=

Welcome to the forums missileer.

Interesting job you have there, have you ever worked with artillery ammunition and/or equipment?
October 29th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Welcome Texan.
October 29th, 2004  
SAINT

We'll like to hear from our experienced grandpal... especially about things in the '60s. It's an interesting era.