smilingTiger

Hi. I came across this forum while searching for information on the Waffen SS.
I'm a civie, and tend to look for truth. That search has led me to defend the Waffen SS from time to time. Not that I condone atrocities committed by them or any other combat force.

Tirones Member Info [Canada] Joined: May 2012 Posts: 1 Trader Rating: (0) Milbucks:

Thank you fellah's for having me. Especially the Canadian Corporal. I do sometimes defend the Waffen SS, because my father (and relations) were drafted into the WSS, because they were ethnic Germans, and citizens of Hungary. My Father fought on the CCCP front as an MG 42 operator (machine gunner), his brother was a prison guard outside of Dresden, guarding British POW's. He liked the job, because they gave him chocolate from their packages that were sent from home.
They have both passed on, but in my heart, I know that they were not crims. They did what they were ordered to do. Also, the WSS had men behind the lines that would kill anyone who ran away...

Thank you fellah's for having me. Especially the Canadian Corporal. I do sometimes defend the Waffen SS, because my father (and relations) were drafted into the WSS, because they were ethnic Germans, and citizens of Hungary. My Father fought on the CCCP front as an MG 42 operator (machine gunner), his brother was a prison guard outside of Dresden, guarding British POW's. He liked the job, because they gave him chocolate from their packages that were sent from home.
They have both passed on, but in my heart, I know that they were not crims. They did what they were ordered to do. Also, the WSS had men behind the lines that would kill anyone who ran away...

Better to be a Canadian Corporal than a Bohemian Corporal, eh?

Sounds like you've got quite the military family history.

Back