Newbie.

Del Boy

Hi Guys- I am retired, but as a young man I served with both the Merchant service and The Highland Light Infantry, which was originally created to send to boost the campaign against American independence. By the time they arrived it was all over! On the ships at fifteen I was up and down the West Coast from San Francisco to Vancouver. In the army I served in Egypt. In World War 11 I was evacuated to Somerset from London, where both the houses I had lived in were destroyed by direct hits, and from the age four I got to know all the American units which spent time in my village. My uncle Fred seved on The Hood til it went down, and then was sunk with the submarine Thresher and another sub. That's it folks. Oh, my daughter and son-in-law both served at the British Embassy in Washington and lived in Arlington so I spent a lot of time there, and once on Governors Island.

Welcome, Del Boy. Get ready for the youngsters to hold a "who's the oldest member" contest pretty soon. Good to have you.

Welcome to the forums.
Please share with us some of your experiences, you have lived a VERY long time and must have scores of "no **** there I was" stories..:angel:

Good to see that a fine wordsmith has joined the forums. We will be the better for it. Welcome DB.

Back