Newbie!

Dakota Okelani

Hi there!

I was looking for a bit of information when I found this website and decided to join. My real name is Francine. I'm a 36 yr. old wife and mother from Harford County, Maryland who is very proud of the men and women who are protecting my butt everyday. I am grateful for your strength, courage and devotion. I have always been proud to be in this country and even more so after loosing a friend in the attack on the Pentagon on 9/11/01. I know life isn't always fair. Many people have and will die for this country, but I hope and pray everyday that God will bring you all home safe and sound. But if it's His will to call you home I pray for your family's peace of mind, and comfort in knowing that you died protecting them and the rest of the country so that we may live a safe and comfortable life here. The people that oppose this war have a right to their opinion, but they have to realize that the right to an opinion is held strong by you.

What a great introduction. Welcome to the boards Dakota. I know Dakota means "friend" or "ally". Well what you said is very smart and true.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the Milforums. I'm the Italian Guy and feel free to ask the Mods or any of us about anything you might need.

Welcome 8)

Thank you for the warm welcomes! :D The information I was actually looking for is something fairly simple...I was looking for the meaning behind the Marines using the phrase 'Hoo Ra'. I hear it alot and now after seeing the commerical for the movie 'Jarhead' that's coming out soon I finally decided to end my curiousity. :? If anyone here knows the story behind it please fill me in or maybe if you know someone who does let me know.

Thanks very much in advance! :p

Dakota Okelani said:
Thank you for the warm welcomes! :D The information I was actually looking for is something fairly simple...I was looking for the meaning behind the Marines using the phrase 'Hoo Ra'. I hear it alot and now after seeing the commerical for the movie 'Jarhead' that's coming out soon I finally decided to end my curiousity. :? If anyone here knows the story behind it please fill me in or maybe if you know someone who does let me know.

Thanks very much in advance! :p

This is not the right place (you should post this question under the Military Related Discussions). Anyways this is what I found http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hooah&defid=53279

welcome11.gif
to the Military Forums
Dakota Okelani.

Greetings madame !!!!

Have a nice stay here and say all u have!

But be careful, some people here are a bit too ummm, whatever u want to call it :)

But have fun!

And nice interesting name by the way, Dakota Okelani..wow

well, au revoir!

Back