Newbie Here!

CDTGaticaW201

Hi,

My name's Geonald (John-uld, lol). I've been lurking these forums as a guest for about a couple months now truth be told. Currently, I'm a sophomore in High School. I found this place trying to pick up information about joining the military, specifically either the Marines or the Army...But shortly after I finally looked into the service academies my grandfather told me about and well, I found my calling, specifically West Point.

I've read just about anything I can pick up on it, and well, it's a high goal, but one I'm making every effort to reach. I visited over winter break and was blown away, made a pact to myself I'd be back in three years as a cadet, and I don't intend on breaking it8)

Sorry for blabbin a minibio there, just wanted to share why I was here, I'm not extremely knowledgeable, but I've been learning quite a bit!

Thanks!

Awesome! I'm assuming you went to the Marines after the Academy? That is definetly a route I'm willing to take.

I've got a question for advice from both of you if you don't mind me asking...I wasn't quite the best student freshman year, but now I'm hauling ass on everything. Would you say I've still got a reasonable chance?

Back