New Zealand Nazi Pizza

phoenix80

Banned
New Zealand Nazi Pizza

Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 9:35:11 am PDT

The owners of a New Zealand restaurant chain thought it would be amusing to use an image of one of history’s worst mass murderers to sell pizza.

After complaints, they removed Hitler from their ads and replaced him with Pope Benedict.

20070824NZHitlerPizza-sm.jpg

New Zealand restaurant chain Hell Pizza is currently under fire for placing posters featuring the man who triggered World War II and was responsible for the genocide of millions of people on billboards in four cities across the country. The ad features Hitler sieg-heiling with a slice in his hands and the slogan: “It is possible to make people believe that heaven is hell,” a quote attributed to Hitler.​

“We thought that people would be able to see a funny side to a guy doing a ‘sieg heil’ salute with a piece of pizza in his hand,” Kirk MacGibbon of the Auckland-based Cinderella advertising agency said. “If you laugh at something, you take its power away.” However he added that “there are certain things we are still unable to laugh about” and said there had been a handful of complaints from Jewish residents.​
The company has abandoned the Hitler campaign, but it still isn’t shying away from controversy. Its new advertising poster boy is Pope Benedict XVI, who is shown with a slice of pizza along with the quote: “Hell is real and eternal.”​

New Zealand Nazi Pizza

Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 9:35:11 am PDT

The owners of a New Zealand restaurant chain thought it would be amusing to use an image of one of history’s worst mass murderers to sell pizza.

After complaints, they removed Hitler from their ads and replaced him with Pope Benedict.

To be honest I don't think you will find a Kiwi that cares a whole lot about this in fact I suspect many will have a good laugh about it.

Incidentally I thoroughly recommend the Mordor.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't think you will find a Kiwi that cares a whole lot about this in fact I suspect many will have a good laugh about it.

Incidentally I thoroughly recommend the Mordor.

I can understand that. It is perhaps time to move on?

I can understand that. It is perhaps time to move on?

I think so.
I am a big fan of the theory that while we should never forget the past we shouldn't dwell on it either.

Besides had they have used Stalin no one would have cared yet he out killed Hitler by a sizable amount (hell even Pol Pot gave him a good run for his money) so there is a certain level of double standards being applied here.

I always new that there was something wrong with you bloody Kiwis, you have a sense of humour. You can laugh at yourself, bloody loonies,.... the lot of you.
rotfl1.gif

I'd like a Nazi Supreme Deep Dish pizza with insalata and a side of Mussolini sticks.

Still better than eating at the "9/11 Restaurant" in Malaysia. Bastards.

I'd like a Nazi Supreme Deep Dish pizza with insalata and a side of Mussolini sticks.

got a link for some info on that? i've never heard of it.....but on the topic;

223017802_79dc3010b5_o.jpg

hitler-bar-image.jpg

Adolf Hitler? In most western countries he is viewed as history’s most evil man, and almost all are aware of the horrific genocide he was responsible for, with many having had family fight and/or die in the war against Nazi Germany.
However, in Asia, Hitler is a far more distant figure. This distance might be an explanation for the bizarre case of Hitler restaurants and bars that can be found throughout Asia.
Here are some photos of these strange Hitler-themed establishments:

http://www.who-sucks.com/people/dining-with-hitler-in-asia-hitler-themed-bars-restaurants

and then of course there is this wee jem
http://nymag.com/listings/bar/kgb_bar/

KGB Bar

85 E. 4th St., 2nd fl, New York, NY 10003
nr. Second Ave.

mainkgbbar.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe Malasia is like Australia and most other British colonized places, where 9/11 actually indicates the 9th of November?

Nahhh,... I don't think so either,... Bastards.

Last edited:
Misc-Grr_(Sheep).jpg

NZ Prime Minister (pictured above) is not amused at the controversy inflamed by the Hell Pizza Company. Barrrrrring a retraction of all offending bill-boards, the Prime Minister promised government intervention.

Unfortunately Australian Prime Minister John Howard (pictured below) was unavailable for comment as he was inspecting Australia's latest defense acquisitions.

DM3_3.jpg

Last edited:
Back