New Yorkers protest in rain after Gurley funeral

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
New Yorkers took to the streets Saturday in further protests to denounce a spate of killings of unarmed black men by white police officers as relatives buried a 28-year-old father of one. "I can't breathe" were the final words gasped repeatedly by Eric Garner, a 43-year-old father of six who died in July after a police chokehold that was caught on amateur video footage. A grand jury's decision on Wednesday not to indict the white officer responsible has now triggered four consecutive nights of protests in New York and other major cities across the United States, mobilizing thousands. Another protest was scheduled later in the evening in Brooklyn.

Read more...

I can't breath said three or four times if this ton of fun had been in a choke hold he would not have been able to speak at all , this guy never found time to get a job he was busy getting arrested , 31 times in all , a 42 year old man standing on the corner selling loosies defiantly a role model .

I can't breath said three or four times if this ton of fun had been in a choke hold he would not have been able to speak at all , this guy never found time to get a job he was busy getting arrested , 31 times in all , a 42 year old man standing on the corner selling loosies defiantly a role model .

This IS a big deal. The officer who had Eric Garner in "a wrestling hold"... that he " learned at the academy" (?!). I put them in quotation marks, because that's what he said. You learn a choke hold. Period.
Eric Garner did not deserve to die. For selling loose cigs or whatever.

I personally know what a choke hold can do- but you can still utter words.. Makes you pass out. Die if you are unlucky.

There was a case down here re: a choke hold. Luckily for the woman, she passed out. And, she was already being restrained ( & strapped ) in one of those jail chairs for the " unruly ". They did not even realize she was passed out. The incarcerated young woman had bigger justice on her side, if you can call it that. Her father was a "big deal" in this state. Got a settlement, and her out of the prison system.

Dadsgirl

You can call it this or that doesn't really matter Garner resisted arrest had he not he'd still be selling loosies . did he do this for a living ? .

Back