New Yorkers Contracting HIV at 3 Times National Rate

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
NEW YORK — New data show New York City residents are contracting the virus that causes AIDS at three times the national rate.
The city health department said Wednesday that almost 4,800 New Yorkers were infected with HIV in 2006. That number represents 72 of every 100,000 residents, compared to a national rate of 23 per 100,000.
The figures pinpoint when people became infected with the virus, not just when they were diagnosed.
Health officials attribute the city's relatively high rate of new infections to its large populations of gay men, blacks and other groups on whom HIV has traditionally taken a heavy toll.
Assistant health commissioner Dr. Monica Sweeney says the figures underscore the continued need to promote HIV testing and prevention.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,412141,00.html

Or we could try a much less popular decision in this day and age.... Monogamy. Wait till you're married, make sure she's clean, then you can have at it.

Unfortunately, it's becoming less and less of a value and more of a fun-making point.

Or we could try a much less popular decision in this day and age.... Monogamy. Wait till you're married, make sure she's clean, then you can have at it.

Unfortunately, it's becoming less and less of a value and more of a fun-making point.
It's a value that's lost on me.

Ever wonder why a lot of married men have mistresses?

I could easily do it, if I truly loved the girl... and I would never, ever marry a girl I didn't love. Unless she was filthy rich. :D

There are more ways to contract HIV than sexual contact. Since all that is required is an exchange of body fluids, a bloody accident, saliva, getting stuck by a needle, or any other sharp pointed instrument, a visit to the dentist or blood transfusions aren't 100% safe.

There isn't enough in saliva or tears to transmit the disease, despite what certain conservative politicians would have you believe.

+1

I totally agree.

Waiting is not the end of the world.

It's a value that's lost on me.
Ever wonder why a lot of married men have mistresses?
Why do you think they have GF's on the side?

There isn't enough in saliva or tears to transmit the disease, despite what certain conservative politicians would have you believe.

Actually you have to take in a significant amount of the stuff to get really caught with it. It's a myth that you get it with the slightest contact like water getting stuck to a kitchen napkin.

3 gallons of saliva at one time, since that's the concentration necessary... EXTREMELY unlikely from spit. I dunno about tears.

Truth is that it's not that easy for a guy to get it from a woman but it's almost a certain thing that the woman will get it from the man (for obvious reasons). Obviously in homosexual stuff, they're both taking turns :cens: so that's obviously why the disease moves a heck of a lot faster. :cens:

Mod edit: The deleted words/phrases are a little too graphic for the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back