New year promise?

dougal

:drink: Whats your new year promise?

Mines to hopefully post more and cut back on the Guinness,

I stayed sober new years night!!!!!!!:D :thumb:

heh. that's always a good resolution.

I resolve to stay single- because I'd rather hunt deer than dear.

Oh- and I'll finish The Malachi Papers

Last edited:
Stop smoking, again.

I have made this resolution every year since 2000. I have yet to make it thru the first couple of weeks. Patch or pill or both. The wife won't stop or the very least smoke outside. So it is difficult at best and impossible at worst. Yet I keep trying. Every few months I can quit for a few days at a time then I relapse. Been to a few smoking cessation classes too.

Any of you that have quit successfully (15 year smoker here by the way) that have any helpful tips please let me know or start a thread.

I want to cut about 20lbs of fat and add 5lbs of muscle.

Been lifting for about a month now already, so it isn't as much a "new year's resolution" as something I have to do and will finish doing in about April.

It's so easy to do nothing and eat crappy when you're in college. :p

Last edited:
I made it simple. I will not make a resolution for myself.
I have stuck to that one for 3 years and only recently did I realize it is a resolution within it's self.

man, I lost 10 pounds that I really can't afford to lose... I'm 5'11" and weigh 108.

I resolve to catch more redfish.

deerslayer said:
man, I lost 10 pounds that I really can't afford to lose... I'm 5'11" and weigh 108.

I resolve to catch more redfish.

Can you move? I mean, at 108 can you even get vertical or do you just have to lie on your back and crawl around on the floor all day?

I want to be a better father and husband. Help my wife accomplish her goals. I want to get in shape and lose the newly married gut. (I got married in May 2003, but still havent lost the gut)

thebrahmagr81 said:
I want to be a better father and husband. Help my wife accomplish her goals. I want to get in shape and lose the newly married gut. (I got married in May 2003, but still havent lost the gut)

Good luck. I got married Dec 2002. weighed 175lbs and now weigh 179. I now have more table muscle than anything else.

deerslayer said:
I'm either going to start a band or a fight club, I don't know which one yet:)

If you start a fight club anywhere near Dallas, Texas I'll be there for at least one fight ;)

I hate to go off topic but I really never do feel more alive than when I'm in a fight!

(I've studied Jeet Kune Do, Muy Thai, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu)

You should come for a visit then bruv, you'd like spending some quality time with me and Wingnut. :)

Back