new wargame ideas - Page 4

--
Boots

March 7th, 2004  
Lt_Strony

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherman:
Antoher great things about war games is that you can always find out just how good certain tactics work in certain situations.
In airsoft that happens with us...we say lets charge that building while doing this.....then when we get up there and get slaughtered we know not to do that...

For me airsofting, I get a bit of reality of how real war is...NOt that im saying since i airsoft i know what real war is...But after a game or a mach and i was shot i also think "What if this was real life???" and i think i would have been dead....
March 7th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Hey now

I know quite a few real SF man who like playing paintball...Im sure Diplomatic Means isent one to run away from duty(even if he is insane, i mean for pits sake, those 0.22s can kill.... ). I know i wouldent run away from duty....
March 8th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Quote:
Originally posted by RnderSafe:
And Sherman, if you would go back and read my post, you would see 18 to 30 year olds are my main target. Not 17 year olds, or even 15 year olds.
I am 18 buddy. trust me when I say this I would love nothing more than the honor and privilege to serve my country in the armed forces. But I know that i have another "calling" in life. Until then the best I can get is war games. I don't expect to know what is going through real soldiers minds from playing my games but anything is better than nothing and currently I have nothing.
--
Boots
March 8th, 2004  
Popeye

(Batman Theme Tune) Duna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna nunna SWAT TEAM!

Join the SWAT team perhaps lol.
March 8th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
I am 18 buddy.
Buddy?

Quote:
trust me when I say this I would love nothing more than the honor and privilege to serve my country in the armed forces. But I know that i have another "calling" in life.
Short of health/physical issues, this is an excuse. Many people who would love nothing more than to serve their country, and mean it, go out and do it. If you have another calling in life, that's fine .. and in no means are you any less valuable to your country by answering it. But don't use it as an excuse, you only cheapen your "calling" and your desire to serve your country through military service one day. We make choices, sometimes those choices seem to have been made for us .. but ultimately, we make them.

As I said before, going out, getting together with some mates, and shooting the shite out of each other with little plastic balls (always wear eye protection kids) and paint balls can be fun .. but spending hundreds and thousands of dollars to dress up and play war is ridiculous. Even worse than that, are the groups that spend countless dollars and hours putting together "realistic" kit so they can transform themselves into Navy SEALs, SF, Rangers .. those are the ones that truly make me ill.

And Diplomatic, if you think I'm targeting you, you're wrong .. I don't know to what extend you're involvement is with the games, you have stated, and I haven't assumed. My statements were painted with a broad stroke.
March 8th, 2004  
Darkmb101

u guys r gettin a little . Back to the war games idea, currentlly we are using lasers, airsofts, and paintball guns. About a decade from now, we're gonna train/play in vertual reality.
March 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Its

Just a hobby...No need to get ill...And I think their nuts for spending a lot of money, but, like a few hundred dollars isent horrible...
March 8th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Just a hobby...No need to get ill
No, it isn't a hobby, it is a lifestyle for some of us. Men have bled for those pieces of cloth .. they're quite important to those of us that have earned them.

But, nonetheless, it can't be explained and understood by those that haven't been there. Perhaps one day.
March 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Dude

Im sorry, your getting me worked up, so ill stop this...[/i]
March 9th, 2004  
Redneck

You know, the Brits use lipstick rounds for training (or they used them on the show "SAS: Are You Tough Enough?" ), so you can use your own service rifle to fire paintball-like rounds that are more accurate and have more range (no numbers on this, it is all drawn from observation on the TV show).
Must be a pain in the butt to clean those weapons after running lipstick down the barrell all day.