new wargame ideas - Page 2

--
Boots

March 7th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

ok fine new idea! kevlar body armor and pellet/BB guns. a pellet or BB isn't going to hurt a kevlar suit at all. Nice enough BB/pellet guns can get a much better muzzle velocity too. Those don't kill even if you do get hurt. My cousin took two BBs from a BB handgun at point blanc to the side of his stomach and he said it hurt but far from life threatening. BBs and pellet still aren't quite as accurate as a long rifle but still much more accurate than a paintball or airsoft gun. How about that? Anyone with me?
March 7th, 2004  
Popeye

Now I think the question is would you even feel the BB with the kevlar suit... lol.

Just go BB's and masks - and shoot your oponent before he shoots you!
March 7th, 2004  
Redneck

We used to do that when I was about 10 back home (no protective gear, though), but I put that down to the idiocy of childhood. One of the kids caught a pellet right between his eye-teeth, broke them both out.

Isn't that pretty much what airsoft is?

If you want pain, just get yourself some MILES gear and rig up a car battery on your back so everytime you get shot it sends a shock into your genitals.
--
Boots
March 7th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I wouldn't do well in the military as much fun as it would be to join and go fight somewhere if there isn't a war going on I would be bored as all get out. I've got the spirit of Patton in me. If I was going to join I'd better be at the front lines at all times or I'm going to get on my officers nerves. I know we have civil war reenactments all the time but what ever happened to WW2 reenactments. I wanna play Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory in the flesh not through a LAN. Would the Norwegian laser tag simulator be able to simulate D-Day with the original tommy guns and german machine guns etc? If I had a genie my one wish would be to join the Marines in a war game exercise. I hope ther is war games in the after life. I need something to do.
March 7th, 2004  
Popeye

Someone is trigger happy. Yes, there are still WWII reenactments, atleast on the east coast around the border states.

They just had the Battle of the Bulge one in the winter and there are many coming up!
March 7th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Erg why are all the fun enactments on the east coast?!? there is a lot more of America then just the coasts
March 7th, 2004  
Popeye

Hahaha, where do you live? I hear of reenactments all over the USofA.

I'll see if I can find out some info for ya.

And prolly because the coasts are most populated.
March 7th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Well if you don't know where my location is I can say I'm a little over an hour west of Madison, WI and my actual home is an hour south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. Thanks for looking into that for me.
March 7th, 2004  
Popeye

Yea, there are some in MN and one in WI and many in surrounding areas and all over U.S.

www.atthefront.com go there and then click WWII Links and you can see 'em all.[/url]
March 7th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I looked through the site and just kind of finally realized it would be more fun to watch a reenactment then be in one. If you are in one you are required to fight and win or lose like the side you are on. I don't think I would be able to lose. If I were a german reenactor then I'd be on that MG 42 mowing down everyone that touches sand in a D Day reenactment. Forget history I need a wargame that isn't predecided.