New Video from Indo

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
Indonesian video threatens West
BBC News - 29 minutes ago
A masked man - believed to be one of South East Asia's most wanted Islamic militants - has appeared in a video threatening attacks against the West. The video singles out the US, the UK, Australia and Italy as targets.

This damn story is blocked here :cen: firewall... can someone fill in the blanks for me? I am most curious as to why now Italy has joined the list of specifically targetted countries, IG?? You think this explains those daily hits on the map showing Jakarta logging on and reading this here forum?

For you Bulldog, but first let me answer you on the Italy thing. Why are you surprised? We've been on Al Qaeda black list for years. Bin Laden and Zawahiri repeatedly said that Italy would be attacked soon.
We have been thwarting multiple attacks. Got three terrorists arrested last night too. Here goes the article, copy-pasted it for ya.

Indonesian video threatens West

_41028056_top_ap203.jpg

Noordin Mohammad Top is believed to be a key figure in JI

A masked man - believed to be one of South East Asia's most wanted Islamic militants - has appeared in a video threatening attacks against the West.
The video singles out the US, the UK, Australia and Italy as targets.
Officials believed the man was Noordin Mohammad Top, a key figure in Jemaah Islamiah, the radical group blamed for bomb attacks on Bali and elsewhere.
Police found the video in a house they raided last week, when Noordin Top narrowly escaped being captured.
A near-simultaneous raid on another house, in East Java, ended in the death of his associate, Azahari Husin.
"As long as you keep your troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and intimidate Muslim people, you will feel our intimidation and our terror," the man in the video said.
Pointing at the camera, he said: "America, Australia, England and Italy. You will be the target of our next attack."
Such video messages have regularly surfaced in the Middle East, but this is believed to be the first to come to light from South East Asia.
The message of the video focused particularly on Australia.
"Especially for Australia, as long as its troops are in Afghanistan and Iraq and engage in intimidation there, you will also feel our intimidation," the man said.
Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer dismissed the message.
"No democratic country like Australia should be intimidated by a fanatic like Noordin Top," he told reporters in the Australian city of Adelaide.
Suicide bombers
The video also showed three other men who were identified as the suicide bombers who attacked the Indonesian resort island of Bali on 1 October.
One of them, Muhammad Salik Firdaus, addressed his family in the video.
"My brother and wife, God willing, when you see this recording I'll already be in heaven," he said.
Bali police chief I Made Mangku Pastika said three people were currently being questioned over their role in those bombings, which killed 20 people.
"They are people that had direct contacts with Azahari and Noordin Top. They are certainly also linked to the Bali bombs," he said.
Police have named the three as Cholily alias Yahya alias Hasan, Anif alias Pendek, and Abdul Aziz.

Cheers bruv.
It just seems like a strange combination coming from an Indonesian cell to single out US, OZ, UK and Italy. Kinda like the one of these things don't belong game. Or perhaps they intend on blowing up all the Olive Garden restaurants?? I had a brainfart for a second and forgot about alot of Burlesconi's rhetoric and actions.

Back