New USATODAY report shows NSA had collected Tens of Millions of Phone Calls

Does the NSA have the right to collect Millions of Conversations without a warrent?

• Total voters
There havent been much polls done on Dems for sometime, probably because like the Italian left, they have been out of power for awhile. I would suspect this will change after November.

The only thing I can tell you is that they are poised to win in November. Will it be big enough to win back Congress? Hard to say, its very close. I dont think well know until November 3. The Dems have alot of ground to catch up, on the other hand just when things cannot get any worse for the GOP, it does. There was a poll done by the AP last week that said 1 in 3 Republicans want the GOP to lose. When you own party wants to lose, there is a problem. I think part of the outrage at Congressional Republicans has more to do with anger at Bush. But then again, passing that taxcut extention for Milionaires when the Middle class is suffering was a particularily unwise thing to do during an election year. It might comeback to haunt them, espically if fuel prices dont come back down fast.

Current approval rating is at 31%, this is the average most polls are getting.

You failed to answer my question about why the NSA needs this power and you also failed to explain why the FBI simply cannot obtain a warrant from FISA. But I forgot to mention the 72 hour rule, which is a court order (easy to obtain, all they need is Probable Cause) from FISA that allows wiretapping for up to 72 hours without a warrant. How come the government cannot use that? No the government wants total power, complete access to wiretapping with no limitations whatsoever. <snip>

Good post, MMarsh.

The only thing I can tell you is that they are poised to win in November.

It is too soon to tell. A lot can happen before November. Immigration can and most likely will make or break the GOP, so they will have to play their cards right on that. The Democrats are lucky in that they do not have to take a platform, they can sit back, wait for the Republicans to make a move see the public reaction and jump on a bandwagon screaming "We told you it wouldn't work!" "See, you should vote for us, we wouldn't have done that."

I do not look forward to the upcoming drama and BS at all.

Last edited:
It is too soon to tell. A lot can happen before November. Immigration can and most likely will make or break the GOP, so they will have to play their cards right on that. The Democrats are lucky in that they do not have to take a platform, they can sit back, wait for the Republicans to make a move see the public reaction and jump on a bandwagon screaming "We told you it wouldn't work!" "See, you should vote for us, we wouldn't have done that."

I do not look forward to the upcoming drama and BS at all.

Chances are the Dems will win, but again by how much nobody knows. I think even the White House is planning on this. I was reading the op-ed I think in the Washington Post that basically said it might be in the Dems interest NOT to win, but to get as many seats in congress without winning. That way they could still have enought votes to block much of the GOP agenda while avoiding sharing the blame the GOP is getting now, therefore increasing their chances in 2008.

Nor do I, I think all this petty sniping has created more damage to the USA then al-Qaeda could even imagine. Should the Liberals and Conservatives decide to work together again like we did in 2001, would be a disaster for terrorists.

Italian Guy said:
Polls? Hold on hold on hold on.... can you remind me what polls said about the outcome of the 2004 election? In Italy the left was largely expected by pollsters to get a solid +5% at our election. In the end the right took more votes. Just to doublecheck how accurate polls may be.

Let me tell you a "funny but sad" story on how polls are conducted

A few days ago, an ABC poll showed more than 65% support for NSA, then another poll came and showed more than 55% support for the NSA program as well.

Then as if the mainstream media were not happy with the outcome of the polls, they conducted another poll showing less than 50% in favor of the NSA thing

My point is that the freaking media conduct as many polls as they can to, finally, get what they want.

Their polls and results HAVE no validity for the majority of intelligent people. Their poll results are insults to the meanest intelligent.

They are liars.

I hate to break it to you, but the latest Harris Poll had Bush at 29% approval and sliding. He is only 6 points away from beating Nixon as the most unpopular president in US History. Your're certainly entitled to cheerlead Bush if you like, but understand that you are in the VAST minority.

So what? It says nothing. Whom did they ask, people like you?

Well, unlike YOU, I do not hate Bush but I do HATE the media for their lies and dishonest works.

They are freaking liars and I dont trust them a bit.

The only thing I can tell you is that they are poised to win in November.

Not a chance. Sorry for you but DemonRats will never win an election in the US for years to come and it is their fault

Last edited:
The information leading to take downs in Afghanistan is not coming from wiretaps. Its coming from Ma and Pa Afghantzi. HUMINT is always far more valuable than ELINT. Its just that the latter is easier than the former and humans are naturally lazy and take the path of least resistance. If the information to take down the baddest of the bad is not coming from phone taps then why are they being performed in the US? In my opinion it is an excuse. I live in a country where there is far more survellance and my friends and I talk about anything and everything without retribution even at times, when drunk, discussing how this blanket will unravel. I still think that for the amount of dirt they are sifting through they are taking down a very LOW percentage of bad guys. Inefficient though requiring little physical and mental effort.

The far Left doesn't like our Constitution. It allows for freedoms that they would amend or totally do away with. These people (and there's a growing crowd within our government) would make our country unrecognizable and in essence destroy it, if allowed to have control.

These aren't the same Liberal democrats of years past. And they aren't going to act like the democrats of the past once they're in control.

They're angry and ruthless, and they'll stop at nothing to make as many changes in our government and Constitution as possible in order to suit their agenda.Much of the country hasn't caught on yet. They think it's business as usual in Washington. Far from it! Until they catch on, (and I believe they are slowly doing so) we need to protect our freedoms.

So, no matter how disappointed or angry our Republican representatives may make me (and believe me, they really tick me off sometimes. okay, they tick me off often), I will never allow my anger to cloud the 'Big Picture'. I hope others recognize the seriousness of this situation and take this to heart.

Write letters and emails, make phone calls, attend demonstrations, yell at the TV, but when it comes time to vote, NEVER cast a ballot that will go against our control of the government and thereby jeopardize our freedoms. (and that includes voting for a third party, which inevitably just gives a vote to the democrats because it's a loss of a vote for a Republican)
-------------------------------
Piece of an article written by a friend of mine on his blog

mmarsh said:
IG

Thats what the margin or error is for, to calculate mistakes in the polls. I cannot speak for Italian politics, but I can for American politics. Its highly doubtful (near impossible) the polls are wrong, as its coming from mulitple polls groups taken from the past year and a half. The chances they are false are so astronamically low if they were, I will start buying lotto tickets again. Even news sources that are highly sympathetic to Bush (like FOX) has the presidents numbers in the toilet. This ship is sinking fast. The latest Harris Poll had Bush at 29% approval and sliding.

Need an update?

July 11, 2006

Bush Job Approval Edges Up to 40%

First time since February that Bush approval in the 40% range

by Joseph Carroll

GALLUP NEWS SERVICE
PRINCETON, NJ -- President George W. Bush's job approval rating has edged up slightly higher in Gallup's latest poll, and is now at 40% for the first since early February. The July 6-9 poll finds 40% of Americans approving and 55% disapproving of the job Bush is doing as president. After averaging 42% approval in January and early February, Bush's ratings began to decline in mid-February, ultimately dropping to his administration's low point of 31% in early May. Since that time, Bush's approval ratings have shown a slow, gradual improvement.
pr060711bi.gif
Bush's job approval ratings continue to be highly polarized along partisan lines. The president's job approval ratings currently stand at 78% among Republicans, 36% among independents, and lower still among Democrats, at 10%. In early May, Bush's average support was 68% among Republicans, 26% among independents, and 4% among Democrats. His improved public standing has been mainly due to higher ratings by Republicans and independents.
pr060711bii.gif

it just shows that the government doesnt trust its country that it spies on its citizens.

Last edited:
It shows that the government wants to make sure the terrorist threat is dealt with totally and effectively.They dont have to be citizens to bomb us.

Lets face it in Europe we can gamble on line if we want to, and gamble any where in the world, but in America you are breaking the law if you do it. It appears that America wants to control any gambling that goes on in the world, my MAFIA is still strong in the USA

It could work if we just had a secret police force of Orwellian proportions. If we had one man listen to 10 phone calls, imagine the number of innocent people you arrest! I for one welcome Big Brother into this country, i'm going canada.

i think its disgusting that a government spies on its citizens. what about if, say, you're talking about a highly embarrasing (i.e. affaire etc) subject on the phone, and a government agent hears it?

hardcore_idiot said:
i think its disgusting that a government spies on its citizens. what about if, say, you're talking about a highly embarrasing (i.e. affaire etc) subject on the phone, and a government agent hears it?

It is discusting that it's citizens are the ones that possibly support terrorism. It is also discusting that we let scumbags into this country so they can take advantage of our freedoms to conduct their terrorist activities. Let them listen, I don't care.

^^^ The only people who oppose are those who have something to hide. And besides, if you dont use any key words that the COMPUTER scanning the call picks up, then you're fine. Its only when the COMPUTER recognizes possible terrorist activity that a PERSON acctually listens, course, thats only what Ive gathered through Dad.

Back