new USAF BDUs - Page 8

--

September 15th, 2004  
03USMC

Gimmie my cover back zoomie.Why in God's name do you guys need cammies? Who are ya hidin from on a flight line? And Blue? All I can say is..........BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA
September 15th, 2004  
c/Commander

Blue's are canceled. Greens will replace them. Can anyone confirm this for me?
November 13th, 2004  
ltdave

Quote:
They stop at one of those MickeyD/TCBY/gas station rest places and go in and order. The woman takes a good long stare at their green uniforms and finally thanks them for their selfless devotion to the park service!!!
Memorial Day 1991:

on the flightline at McClellan AFB, California:

its not really an airshow as it is an open house. my aircrew reenactment group (427th Historical Group, [B-17 crew]) was wondering around looking at the displays in WWII flight gear.

a lady in her late 40s early 50s walked up to us and said "Thank you for your service in Saudi Arabia"... we were standing near a C-141 with it's crew in current flight gear. we just shook our heads when she left...

as far as the pointed 'Marine' cover, it's the same style and design that the ARMY and AIR CORP wore from WWII until the 50s when they went to the flat round 'ranger' cap. its just that the marines started starching it sometime after WWII...

the blue/grey/green camoflage pattern actually works pretty well on concrete and vertical structures...

david
--
November 13th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Gimmie my cover back zoomie.Why in God's name do you guys need cammies? Who are ya hidin from on a flight line? And Blue? All I can say is..........BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA
it is the work uniform and the air force has special ops also
November 14th, 2004  
Trevor

Ugh. Sorry guys, don't like those at all. They don't look very practical. Canadian AF BDU's are pretty good, just standard CADPAT with blue rank insignias on the slip-ons.
November 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I doubt Air For special ops will be wearing that blue crap out on missions.
It is utterly stupid.
I'm sorry but when I see a paper pushing commando with a Black berret, even that cracks me up. Or someone standing guard at the check point... yeah how Commando-ish.
And now this.
Makes me glad I won't be going into the US Military!
November 14th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I doubt Air For special ops will be wearing that blue crap out on missions.
It is utterly stupid.
I'm sorry but when I see a paper pushing commando with a Black berret, even that cracks me up. Or someone standing guard at the check point... yeah how Commando-ish.
And now this.
Makes me glad I won't be going into the US Military!
Well the point is that the uniform sucks, and i do not see any reason to change it
January 8th, 2005  
Dutchy

Looks like Colonel Guile's BDU in the streetfighter film
January 9th, 2005  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Looks like Colonel Guile's BDU in the streetfighter film
Or WormHole X-Treme uniforms
January 9th, 2005  
Charge 7

I believe I saw Chemo66 post on another thread that the blue BDUs had indeed been scraped due to budgeting considerations.