700.jpg

GORE-TEX® Fabric Bootie: Durably Waterproof, Breathable
VIBRAM® Premium Tread Outsole
CORDURA® Nylon Fabric
Waterproof Full Grain Leather Engineered for Superior Breathability
Surlyn Box Toe
Polyurethane Removable Insert
Extensive Foam Padding Under and Around the Foot

So far it feels pretty damn good. BUT I still need to field test it. A 12 miles road march and a couple of days "movement to contact" with the infantry will prove how good these boots really are.

Does anyone else have this boot???

Never worn it myself, I still have 4 pair of the old issue, but one of my buddies has them, and although he has nothing but good things to say about them as far as comfort goes, he did mention they were a bit on the heavy side. I doubt that would be an issue for me since I've never had a pair of combat boots that weighed more than my Double-H packers, but it might be something to consider. (again, this is all second hand)

those look exactly like the new USMC tan boots that they issue and the ones i got issued. ive gone through basic w/ them and have 0 complaints. ive done 10mi. road march, and the entire crucible w/ them btw. they feel really good and now i wear them all the time (except in civies)

MilidarUSMC said:
those look exactly like the new USMC tan boots that they issue and the ones i got issued. ive gone through basic w/ them and have 0 complaints. ive done 10mi. road march, and the entire crucible w/ them btw. they feel really good and now i wear them all the time (except in civies)

It's made by the same company. One boot is just made for the sand box

SAINT said:
Are they heavy?

I like strong but lighter boots

I picked up my jump boots and then the new boots. It seems the new boots are a little lighter than my jump boots.

I wish I had a scale

at first as a nasty recruit they felt heavy but they are really quite light...ive ran enough miles in them and didnt feel all the encumbered.

I am guessing that heavy feeling comes from having a thicker sole. Even though my jump boots are heavier, they actually feel lighter than the new boots. Adding an inch of material under your foot may cause you to think that the boot is heavier.

It's my best guess

For boots, I think most important is that they must be comfortable.
And you almost forget you're wearing them. ;)

When I was with the 7th Infantry Division we marched 25 miles a day in 10 hours and when we had to do a hundred mile march in four days there was no such thing as a comfortable boot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SFC

ah yes, the 100 mile death march. Every few years at the 101st, some Sergeant Major makes his infantry do that. Luckly, I have yet to be a part of that.

Doody said:
ah yes, the 100 mile death march. Every few years at the 101st, some Sergeant Major makes his infantry do that. Luckly, I have yet to be a part of that.

Hehe...I was a Scout I am glad Ididn't have to do that.....the thought makes me hurt... :D

SFC said:
when we had to do a hundred mile march in four days there was no such thing as a comfortable boot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Been there, done that (3 times), still got some of the scars... :D

I've walked the Nijmegen march (Netherlands) 3 times, it's about 27 miles (45km) pr day, 4 days in a row (11kgs on our back)...

And I agree with you SFC, when you reach day three, there's no such thing as a comfortable boot, it's all pain anyway... :lol:

But I really like the Norwegian Army Boots, it's the only thing I use (pluss a good pair of inlay soles...)

SFC said:
When I was with the 7th Infantry Division we marched 25 miles a day in 10 hours and when we had to do a hundred mile march in four days there was no such thing as a comfortable boot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SFC

I still like the jungle boots for comfort and "marachability", even tool them to Northern Wedding/Bold Guard 86 to do the death march from Bodo to Olso....

The best boot I've worn was the Adidas GSG9 boot. I realize it isn't standard issue and probably won't be. But they are so light and give just as much protection as any other boot I've worn. They're only water proof half way up the boot, but that usually isn't a problem. It doesn't have a steel toe either, but it does have a hard toe area. I've never run into problems stubbing toes or dropping anything where I've hurt myself. Not only that, they're just as comfortable as any other pair of Adidas on the market. The only issue I have with them is they came with a flimsy pair of laces that I have replaced. Other than that they're worth every penny.

I'm looking into those new Oakley Assault Boots too.
desert.jpg

Best boots I've ever worn are Australian Taipan boots. They are light, strong and very comfortable. They are not standard issue, but if you purchase them privately you can wear them as your bush boots with most units. I have had a pair for 5 years and must have walked thousands of kilometers in them and they are holding up perfectly.

AussieNick said:
Best boots I've ever worn are Australian Taipan boots. They are light, strong and very comfortable. They are not standard issue, but if you purchase them privately you can wear them as your bush boots with most units. I have had a pair for 5 years and must have walked thousands of kilometers in them and they are holding up perfectly.

do you have any good web sites on those boots? I hoped around a little but could not find a decent site.

Back