New Uniform For USN

cbbr08

http://www.news.navy.mil/local/tfu/

Just saw this on their website. Looks like the one that guile was wearing on Street Fighter the Movie.

What do you guys think about this uniform... or is this a repost?

web_041018-N-0000X-003.jpg

drilldownmaster2004 said:
wait, does the navy and the marines have the same cover?

Yes the utility cover is the same. Difference is an EGA on the Marine Cover.

Coast Guard also uses that cover.
Looks a lot like the urban cammo except the tones are much darker. I bet it took them about $10 to come up with that sort of design.
Really the Navy doesn't need cammo. And even if it did, I would think a flat gray the same tone as the ships would probably work much better.

I think it's a band wagon thing. The Corps changed utility patterns, then the Army and the Air Force went to the BDU bluniform. Guess the Navy does not want to be left out.

I say as a Sea Cadet, wtf is the DoN doing, I don't like those nor do I want them.
They are ugly, then if I wanted camo I would buy the new digital stuff which I have in my footlocker so it's just anothyer way for the navy to spend money that could be used elsewhere.

It's weird that some of these new designs make the American soldiers look like extras in a cheap Sci-Fi channel original movie.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Well all of the branches have the same cover, except the the MARINES, they have the edges on the cover.

1. Marines are under the Department of the Navy.

2. The USN and the USAF have different soft covers than the USA does.

So what exactly is the new uniform replacing?

the_13th_redneck said:
It's weird that some of these new designs make the American soldiers look like extras in a cheap Sci-Fi channel original movie.

Yeah. Open the stargate guys. :p

What's wrong with the traditional Donald Duck type of costume?

Back