New Type Of IED Comes Via Iran, Say U.S. Officials

dispute facts coming from a vetted service member with boots on the ground who has seen first hand the effects of these devices?

They're nasty, that much I know for a fact. All of the shaped charged IEDs pretty much suck butt. I don't know all of the mechanics of how they work because it isn't my job to know, so I don't pretend to know. My comments are born out of the little knowledge (very little) I have on this subject and what I've been told by the techs out in the field. Because we're out there a lot, we try to keep up with what's happening with the biggest killer of our guys so I always make it a point to talk to the bomb dudes whenever I can and get the dumbed down version of what's up.

My comment about the jet going further was more of a stated question than anything, hence the "IIRC" or if I remember correctly. Anyway, this is all just too silly.

Go buy me a beer, BD! :cheers:

check your pms gator

Phoenix, in english Gator is saying this is bad and it is an IED with a round composed of molten metal. So effective that it can defeat the armor on an Abrams tank.

I know. I heard about this infamous EFP thing on Pajamasmedia.com web site.

All I can say is, I hope that the U.S. doesnt go to Iran next, I mean, that would be entering the lions den, and, I dont know about any of you guys, but, I think the American public today finds it harder to loose serviemen and women than in the past.

But, that is the gruesome truth of war....

You're right Sukio, we have grown fat and soft as a nation and no longer seem to have the resolve that saw us through the dark and deadlier days of WWII.

You're right Sukio, we have grown fat and soft as a nation and no longer seem to have the resolve that saw us through the dark and deadlier days of WWII.

Alternatively perhaps the American people want to see one of the first two wars finished (Afghanistan and Iraq) before you go wading into a third?

Alternatively perhaps the American people want to see one of the first two wars finished (Afghanistan and Iraq) before you go wading into a third?

Well, there was also a Democrat in the White House for WWII.

Republicans in the White House have yet to win a War lasting over half a year since the Civil War, the US Civil War, back in the day when Republicans were Liberals.

Well, there was also a Democrat in the White House for WWII.

Republicans in the White House have yet to win a War lasting over half a year since the Civil War, the US Civil War, back in the day when Republicans were Liberals.

Past is past. Put a Dem in office now and then the war will be lost. They'll bow to terrorists and appease the enemies...

Truman or JFK were true Democrats.

If your Posting to me I do not really care what you choose to discuss Padre.
Indeed it shouldn't matter to you as you are an authority unto yourself.
What were those forum rules about claiming something as fact without being able to provide a source??
:mrgreen:

I wouldnt say less dangerous, I mean, ever since the days of battles like Cathapage, war has been a risky gamble between life and death.

But, I do agree on the concept of there being less tolerance of deaths, {i know how it sounds but bear with me} , I mean , no offense to all the good souls that do alot or just alittle to support our troops, but the problem that may happen , is that if the U.S. goes take military action on anything close to the scale of the war in Iraq, people would be so fearful of losing any one life , that the war would go badly, when coupled with disagreeing politics.

A worse case scenario would be , that the U.S. military, already slightly exuasted from fighting in Iraq, and Ahganistan, may go in a full scale operation, and the conflict at home, may cuase us to pull out, which, would be a wasted operation, cuase think about it, it would be very hard to pull enough stings to keep a campiagn like Iraq going, after all the political turmoil it cause in politics.

And, hey, I will admit, I do think the media is partly to blame.

All I can say is, God bless those in uniform, fighting for the Coalition, in the war on terror.

Is this the right time and place to discuss the "Cold War" and Ronald Reagan?

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for rhetorical effect rather than for the purpose of getting an answer. ("How many times do I have to tell you to stop walking into the house with mud on your shoes?").
A rhetorical question seeks to encourage reflection within the listener as to what the answer to the question (at least, the answer implied by the questioner) must be. When a speaker declaims, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?" or "Will our company grow or shrink?", no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something.
- From Wikipedia

OK guys, I'm afraid I have to post yet another warning. Please keep these discussions on a non-personal level.

WILCO.

Any way, I didnt mean to offend anyone, I always try not to.

But, we just cant just load up and go "whip Iran"

The U.S. may be the only world super power, but, we have one major difference, our forces, are afraid to die. Thier's, well, we all see for our selves, I am not saying that like I am discracing any one here, but, I am stating two particularly very different fighting styles.

Another thing is, look at all the cut backs, and contracting out duties that would be normally done by the military to private corporations, that, coupled with years and years of new "human" military acitons, bascilly, since the Geneva Convetion, was just the tip of the Ice Berge, if a U.S. soldier cut a Insurgant head off, then, well it is unjust, but, if a Insurgent does it, than, its just a warlike action?

Something just doesnt add up, and organizations, backed and literlly at first setup by the United States, now prohibit the worlds only super power, from using tactics and weapons that would drop mouths in any Humane conference room around the world...

Back