New toys:

Jamoni

This is my Ruger 10/22, highly modified. Took it to the range last weekend and was driving tacks at 75 yards. Wheee!
DSC00655.sized.jpg

This is my new Saiga Sportsterized AK. Haven't shot it yet, hope it's not garbage. It was only $250, so it may well be junk.
Sagaimont1.jpg

Nice arsenal,i always wanted a Ruger 22.And for the saiga AK,well i shot from it a few times,average :lol:

heres some info about saig self loading hunting rifle

Caliber, mm 5.6
Cartridge 5.6X39(relevant)
Sighting radius, mm 375
Length, overal, mm 945
Barrel Length, mm 425
Magazine capacity, rds 15
Weight w/empty magazine, g 3953(relevant)
Rate of fire, rds/min 40
Muzzle velocity, m/s 875
|

The Saiga 5.6 was developed from the AK-74. It differs from the AK-74 in caliber, cartrige, mode of fire, magazine capacity, ornament of butt as well as in a hunting style and dimensions

Nice ones! :D

Is there any recoil at all from that Ruger thing?
Haven't tried any of them.

Nice guns.
Ive heard that you can modify Saiga to fire automated and to use AK cartridges. Is it true?

yes

Well, any semi-auto can be converted to auto, and if the Seiga is based greatly on the AK74(I dont know much about the Seiga) then it should be easy to use AK74 magazines with it...

The stock on the Ruger is solid walnut, and it's as heavy as it looks. With the compensated barrel, and with it being semi-auto, there's almost no felt recoil, and damn near no muzzle jump at all. As fast as you can pull the trigger, you can hit the bullseye. The butt and comb are both fully adjustable, so it fits me like a glove. I would recommend a 10-22 to anybody who wants a fun plinker. There's a ton of aftermarket acessories and parts, so it's fun to tinker with.
The Saiga is okay, and for the price I can't complain. Functions flawlessly, and reasonably accurate. Mine is chambered for 7.62 Russian. They are available in several other calibers. Only put 40 rds through it so far, I'm going to put it through it's paces on Saturday. It would be illegal as hell to modify the Saiga to acept AK mags, or to fire Full auto. I have no interest in that.
Next mods for both guns will be Picatinny rails on the forearms. And next month I'm gonna get a Saiga-20. It's the same action as the Saiga, but chambered for 20 guage shotshells! WHEE!

Back