New submachine gun could shake up the firearms world

I don't think they'll find too many buyers unless they make the barrel longer (it's tiny considering the size of the firearm) and give it a nice solid stock.

My personal favorite "recoilless" gun is the Ultimax 100, a 5.56x45mm LMG with the constant recoil system.

It's a good idea to shift the weight down and away from the shooter, no doubt. However, there are a lot of moving parts which probably means that the service life isnt going to be great (lots of wear and tear) and also how is the assem/disassem going to work and cleaning! Its a great idea but like the first xbox I think there is going to be more then a few faults with this new design when it's tested. Just my opinion for what its worth :cheers:

I'm not exactly impressed by the ergonomics of it. Bulky, needs a longer barrel and an actual stock. Looks like lots of moving parts to fail.

How do You like tuned up PPSh-1941? :mrgreen:
It could be quite deadly in CQB.

ppshld7.jpg

I never thought the PPSH would come back. Devistating weapon in CQC, but it needs a better stock and needs to be given the black metal look like the MP5, with a collapsing stock.

I'm sure that particular specimen was a "gift" from an insurgent, and the troops got bored and decided to dress it up for the camera :D
Maybe. Maybe also this one is seen already:

ppsh1ue5.jpg

However, it is known that certain number of PPSh type SMGs were used by Afghan mujahadeens during the Soviet invasion 1979-1989.

Wow, I didn't know that our US troops use PPSH as their primary weapon instead of M4 or M16, but it is interesting.

Wow, I didn't know that our US troops use PPSH as their primary weapon instead of M4 or M16, but it is interesting.
I don't think it is a common practice :) There could not be left PPSHs enough for it, PPSh is still rarity in Middle East region.

The topic weapon will probably end up being something of a technology demo from which more practical weapons will be produced. Just my guess...

That Super V might find a small market in police SWAT teams and high level bodyguard services who would like a low recoil submachine gun, but I doubt it will catch on with the military because of all those small moving parts which would probably be difficult to maintain.

The topic weapon will probably end up being something of a technology demo from which more practical weapons will be produced. Just my guess...
I don't think there is chance in a foreseeable future to make a better SMG than HK MP-5 without the principally new elements such as cartridges without shells.

These days much of the work is close quarters, or house clearing were you need a compact weapon with hitting power. How many combats situations has there been in recent years where you are fighting in town and house to house.

Back