New Study Shows Link Between Liberalism, Atheism to Higher IQ

First of all, it was not "male homosexuality" it was "male exclusivity" as in, men who have only one partner.

Shouldn't YOU be in the joke section? HAHAHA.

Now that that's out of the way, and you (hopefully) understand what the article was REALLY about, do you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say? Perhaps a rebuttal to the fact that conservative males have a lower IQ than liberal males?

And before you take a shot at the psychologist being from London, note that in the article it states that Kanazowa is "a strong libertarian."

Last edited:
First of all, it was not "male homosexuality" it was "male exclusivity" as in, men who have only one partner.

Shouldn't YOU be in the joke section? HAHAHA.

Now that that's out of the way, and you (hopefully) understand what the article was REALLY about, do you have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to say? Perhaps a rebuttal to the fact that conservative males have a lower IQ than liberal males?

And before you take a shot at the psychologist being from London, note that in the article it states that Kanazowa is "a strong libertarian."

Is he a strong libertarian from London?:wink:

Sorry I probably got confused because I thought the study was by Satoshi Kanazawa.:wink:

Is he a strong libertarian from London?:wink:

Sorry I probably got confused because I thought the study was by Satoshi Kanazawa.:wink:
Are you going to stay on topic, or should I just leave now? You're not baiting me anymore, Chukpike. I'm going to debate the topic, which is how this study shows that liberals, atheists, and men who practice monogamy are PROVEN to be more intelligent. If you care to dispute that claim, I'll gladly keep this going, if not, I'll leave this thread to the trolls.

But, to indulge you a little bit, a libertarian is a libertarian no matter what country he's in.

Are you going to stay on topic, or should I just leave now? You're not baiting me anymore, Chukpike. I'm going to debate the topic, which is how this study shows that liberals, atheists, and men who practice monogamy are PROVEN to be more intelligent. If you care to dispute that claim, I'll gladly keep this going, if not, I'll leave this thread to the trolls.

But, to indulge you a little bit, a libertarian is a libertarian no matter what country he's in.
First your referenced article is written by Elizabeth Landau, CNN. It describes a study and the conclusions Satoshi Kanazawa arrived at.

It does not include the study and does not present data proving anything, as you claim.

"I know, the title sounds like a joke, but it's true!" quote Rob Henderson

So if I state an opinion;

"The study was just away for Satoshi Kanazawa to stay employed for a few years"

Then my opinion is more valid than your claiming the study is true, since your statement requires proof. You stated it as fact with no valid support.

If Liberals have superior intellect, how come the 5 States deepest in the hole are all traditionaly Liberal run States?

Embedded

So we have some fag in England, using results from tests in the US, somehow coming to the conclusion liberal homos are smarter than liberal straights. :cheers:
Provide source that the said researcher is homosexual.

What he could not find enough gay liberals in England for the study?

Thanks Rob for letting us know it is true.:lol:

Shouldn't this have been in the joke section?

"The study takes the American view of liberal vs. conservative. It defines "liberal" in terms of concern for genetically nonrelated people and support for private resources that help those people. It does not look at other factors that play into American political beliefs, such as abortion, gun control and gay rights."

So where does this whole thing about homosexuality come from?
I guess after all those years in the Navy, it's hard to imagine any other kind of sexual orientation.

Last edited:
Are you going to stay on topic, or should I just leave now? You're not baiting me anymore, Chukpike.
Good for you Rob.

Yeah,.... I read the article too, and it would definitely suit my egotistical purposes to agree with it wholeheartly :mrgreen:. However, I am always slightly suspicious of these "studies" until I find out the purpose for which it was undertaken.

I'll follow the debate,... so long as it remains a debate and not a "baiting session", and stick my oar in where I see fit. It's a very interesting concept.

Yeah I'd be cautious about believing these "studies."
Though it probably isn't too far from the truth.
One trait that personally I have seen is that most liberals I've met actually want to learn more whereas many conservatives I have met often didn't want to bother with it. They were comfortable with the world they knew and saw and seemed rather uncomfortable about any sort of change in their own world.
Of course that's just my observation.

Only in the dictionary definition. We like change, if it's the right change. Obama's change isn't it.

Which is exactly why "conservative" is seen as backward, change is ok as long as it follows an accepted path and that is not "open minded".

It has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with the process of thinking, until you can look at an idea for its purpose and disregard the messenger you are not really opening yourself up to learning and progress.

First your referenced article is written by Elizabeth Landau, CNN. It describes a study and the conclusions Satoshi Kanazawa arrived at.

It does not include the study and does not present data proving anything, as you claim.

"I know, the title sounds like a joke, but it's true!" quote Rob Henderson

So if I state an opinion;

"The study was just away for Satoshi Kanazawa to stay employed for a few years"

Then my opinion is more valid than your claiming the study is true, since your statement requires proof. You stated it as fact with no valid support.
I'm curious as to how you can say that the article does not prove anything... Do you think Elizabeth Landau is lying? Do you think she is fabricating the results Dr. Kanazawa arrived at?

She is SUMMARIZING the article. She is not making up her own story.

If you know you're in the wrong, the only way to go is to try to anull it via some technicality.
Sort of why we think so lowly of lawyers.

Well, as soon as it becomes available online, I'll be sure to post the study in its entirety for Chukpike to read, that why he can come to his own conclusion. Or he could just read the article, but hey, that's WAY too easy.

The whole point is, he's not going to read it.
Post a source and he'll actually stop posting in the thread unless he tries attacking the credibility of the source.

Either way from my personal experience, I'm not too surprised by the result of this study but I'd be wary of accepting it whole heartedly.

Oh I know, that's what I'm working on. ;)

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me much either, but surely 11 points isn't enough to make THAT big of a difference. . . Right? ;)

Does that really surprise you?

People with an open mind learn more by comparison to those who resist change (conservatives) or already believe they have the answer to life the universe and everything there in (Religion).
Not all change is a good change. Just because change is resisted sometimes doesn't make those people less open-minded than others. Like the bumper sticker says, "Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out." People still should be able to hold their own opinions and not get put down because they don't embrace every new idea that comes along. In my opinion of course.

And as for religion, I'm not touching that one, but believing in God? That's just pure common sense. Energy doesn't just start itself. And that is all I'm saying on that matter.

But there's a difference between not embracing all change and embracing NO change. (Constitutionalists)

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified."

*shrug*

Back