New Study Shows Link Between Liberalism, Atheism to Higher IQ

Again, Chukpike, journalists cannot LIE about things. They are among the most slick tongued people on the planet, but they cannot MAKE UP their own stories. That is LYING. If the author summarizing the study says that the study says something, it must be true. Now, we could get into the data itself (who was sampled, where was the study conducted, how many people were asked, etc) but the basic conclusion that liberals had a higher IQ than conservatives CANNOT be fabricated.

You are trolling.

PS, punctuation goes INISDE quotation marks. ;)

Again, Chukpike, journalists cannot LIE about things. They are among the most slick tongued people on the planet, but they cannot MAKE UP their own stories. That is LYING. If the author summarizing the study says that the study says something, it must be true. Now, we could get into the data itself (who was sampled, where was the study conducted, how many people were asked, etc) but the basic conclusion that liberals had a higher IQ than conservatives CANNOT be fabricated.

You are trolling.

PS, punctuation goes INISDE quotation marks. ;)
Rob, you never dealt with journalists before, have you? I did that for a bit. Trust me when I tell you the difference between journalists and reporters.

Journalists actually work to prove or disprove a story. They are for the most part, respectable. National Geographic, Time, big magazines like those, they are usually journalists. And usually the journalists already has a degree or has done significant study in the subject at hand. Reporters, they might have a degree in journalism or mass media, and that's about it.

And if it is a journalist, that is not accounting for the personal standards of the scientist doing the work. If you recall some years back there were a couple of scientists that claimed they found how to make cold fusion. That flopped when their supervisor stepped in asking why they went to the media first, and not to the company/college (I forget who). When asked to repeat it, they couldn't and then their notes were reviewed, and eventually they were ostracized from the scientific community. THEY lied.

I for one do not think that Chukpike is trolling. I can't answer for the rest.

To the best of my knowledge punctuation does not always go inside the quotation marks. And yes I took English Comp when I was in college.

True enough Hmmm.
Journos are some manipulative folks.
I wouldn't completely discount the trolling accusation. Look at the second post in the thread.

But overall, I think Henderson is giving journalists a little too much credit on this one.

But overall, I think Henderson is giving journalists a little too much credit on this one.
And the Titanic is just a bit damp.... :cowb:

Remember the National Enquirer? There's reporters for ya. Weekly World Sun? Ditto.

Though IIRC isn't it correct that governments "go liberal" only in desperation? Don't ask me what they're desperate for, because I have no idea. But I am with the impression that a liberal community actually has more crime than conservative communities.

Last edited:
It's a bit more complicated than that.
Not all liberals are from the same boat either. The places of high crime tend to be poor neighborhoods of high population density. College campuses tend to be liberal havens but they're generally very low in crime.

Some governments go right wing out of desperation too. It's just how they design their platform. As long as they're smart and responsible, I don't think it matters too much whether it's right or left. They will both spend where necessary and save as much as possible. If they're not smart and not responsible, it doesn't matter whether they're left or right either as they'll screw it up in their own unique ways.

I must say that an armed community is a safe one. IMO.
And most liberals I know (which doesn't say much I'm sure) detest that thought.

Coincidentally, one of which literally cannot tell the difference between and AK47 and a Kentucky Long Rifle. I know that's hard to believe, but yes he really doesn't know anything about guns other than they go "bang".

Rob, you never dealt with journalists before, have you? I did that for a bit. Trust me when I tell you the difference between journalists and reporters.

Journalists actually work to prove or disprove a story. They are for the most part, respectable. National Geographic, Time, big magazines like those, they are usually journalists. And usually the journalists already has a degree or has done significant study in the subject at hand. Reporters, they might have a degree in journalism or mass media, and that's about it.

And if it is a journalist, that is not accounting for the personal standards of the scientist doing the work. If you recall some years back there were a couple of scientists that claimed they found how to make cold fusion. That flopped when their supervisor stepped in asking why they went to the media first, and not to the company/college (I forget who). When asked to repeat it, they couldn't and then their notes were reviewed, and eventually they were ostracized from the scientific community. THEY lied.
Then it becomes the fault of the scientist, not the fault of the journalist. I don't deny that journalists and reporters are manipulative, but they cannot simply report a false statement. They cannot say "The sky is falling." without having some sort of evidence to support it.
I for one do not think that Chukpike is trolling. I can't answer for the rest.
He doesn't do much else.
To the best of my knowledge punctuation does not always go inside the quotation marks. And yes I took English Comp when I was in college.
Well obviously there are some extenuating circumstances, but in that particular case, the punctuation should've gone inside.

Oh come on. This is merely a forum, not a doctoral thesis. And he does provide good insight here. Chuk is doing the same thing we all do- surf the forum and find a post that's interesting and providing feedback when he sees fit.

I must say that an armed community is a safe one. IMO.
And most liberals I know (which doesn't say much I'm sure) detest that thought.

Coincidentally, one of which literally cannot tell the difference between and AK47 and a Kentucky Long Rifle. I know that's hard to believe, but yes he really doesn't know anything about guns other than they go "bang".

Not everyone is required to have an interest in guns. On that note: Did you see what I wrote about conservatives knowledge limited to the 4 "G's". Case in point, one of those G's was Guns.

Ever been to Texas, or Louisiana, Very well Armed...and very dangerous. Miami...same. The idea the owning guns somehow makes you safer is silly. It might make you feel safer, but for society as a whole it does nothing. I have studied the issue closely and have come to the conclusion that neither armed, nor unarmed communities are any safer than the other. There are too many exceptions to draw a definate conclusion either way.

Furthermore if you really think liberals are so ignorant about guns take a trip to Upstate New York or New England sometime during deer season. I recommend the Adirondack Mountains where I learned to shoot. Dont assume that because they are for gun control (and not all liberals are) that they dont know anything about guns. Henderson here is from Alabama, I am sure he has seen a gun or two in his lifetime.

And if you think Chukpike isnt Trolling, keep watching. He'll revert to his true nature soon enough, which I remind people here to simply ignore.

To All:

One thing thats funny about the study neither of the teo scientists who did it are liberal. One is conservative the other is a strong liberatarian.

Last edited:
And the Titanic is just a bit damp.... :cowb:

Remember the National Enquirer? There's reporters for ya.
At the same time they are they only publication that did the news media's job & found the truth about John Edwards, of course it was thier kind of story. Latest I've heard is he might get indicted by a Grand Jury.

Oh come on. This is merely a forum, not a doctoral thesis. And he does provide good insight here. Chuk is doing the same thing we all do- surf the forum and find a post that's interesting and providing feedback when he sees fit.
And you are posting off topic. You ignored the bulk of my post and chose the ONE SENTENCE that was off topic to reply to.

ok wow another flame war, ok as a liberterian im pretty conservative economically but socially quite liberal, ok IQ really has nothing to do with intelligence, and another thing is that alot of college kids, (rob no offense) are being basically brainwashed in college, this could also be a factor as a higher "IQ" student is more likely to go to college and more likely to be brainwashed. And it seems that flame wars follow u everywhere rob, but whatever, also through exprience a study a be made to show anything u wont it to.

ok wow another flame war, ok as a liberterian im pretty conservative economically but socially quite liberal, ok IQ really has nothing to do with intelligence, and another thing is that alot of college kids, (rob no offense) are being basically brainwashed in college, this could also be a factor as a higher "IQ" student is more likely to go to college and more likely to be brainwashed. And it seems that flame wars follow u everywhere rob, but whatever, also through exprience a study a be made to show anything u wont it to.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I made absolutely no reference to intelligence when I posted this article. I posted about IQs, which is what the article SAYS.

You say that kids are being "brainwashed" in college... Then why is it that as one continues up the ladder of higher education, the more successful they are likely to become?

You say flame wars follow me everywhere, but your post had approximately one to two sentences that were ACTUALLY on the topic of IQs being linked to liberalism and atheism. Note that MY post was not the one that started the flame war.

And you are posting off topic. You ignored the bulk of my post and chose the ONE SENTENCE that was off topic to reply to.
Welcome to the internet. I still fail to understand why that study is so important.
First you're the grammar police. Then you're the posting police.
You sure have developed an attitude lately.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I made absolutely no reference to intelligence when I posted this article. I posted about IQs, which is what the article SAYS.
What do you think the IQ test is? IQ stands for intelligence quotient, and the IQ test is to assess intelligence. So when you start talking IQ, you're talking about intelligence.

You say that kids are being "brainwashed" in college... Then why is it that as one continues up the ladder of higher education, the more successful they are likely to become?
That may be, but yes people in general are brainwashed in college. Havn't you been to college yet?

You say flame wars follow me everywhere, but your post had approximately one to two sentences that were ACTUALLY on the topic of IQs being linked to liberalism and atheism. Note that MY post was not the one that started the flame war.
Actually, yes they do. You seem to have difficulty with a little bit of ribbing or criticism. Neither are bad, we all get some. If you think this is bad, you won't believe how bad it is in the military.

That may be, but yes people in general are brainwashed in college. Havn't you been to college yet?

Brainwashing how? Because they dont subscibe to your ideas? A student goes to college to learn not to teach. If they didnt subscribe to your way of thinking its probably because there is a inherit flaw with it, or that they simply disagreed. Thats hardly brainwashing, it means you didnt make your case. The fault is with your argument not their reasoning of it.

I find many conservative arguements while full of confidence and zeal are often minus the very basic facts, either by ignorance or "selective research" -meaning inconvient facts that disprove or run contrary to conservative thinking are simply discarded or ignored. Often is the case that something sounds good like "Liberals hate guns" because they believe in gun control. Rather than the facts, "they might believe in gun control but go visit New England sometime during the fall to see how anti-gun they are".

You cant have it both ways. This idea amongst conservatives that higher education is a bad thing -and then be upset with studies such as this one.

Mind you -I am not saying that every conservative is a stupid moron. But the base of the movement, (not the intellectuals) has become more of a Borg Collective mind that simply repeat whatever they are told, without bothering to check whether its actually true or not. Liberals have their faults, but this ability to bleat on cue isnt one of them.

Last edited:
Welcome to the internet. I still fail to understand why that study is so important.
First you're the grammar police. Then you're the posting police.
You sure have developed an attitude lately.
Because I expect more maturity from "fully grown" men? Hardly.

By the way, this thread has generated more activity than this forum as seen in the last month, I'd say it's a hot button issue. Wouldn't you?
What do you think the IQ test is? IQ stands for intelligence quotient, and the IQ test is to assess intelligence. So when you start talking IQ, you're talking about intelligence.
And if you actually read the posts, you'll see that I was only showing him that I was not the one who brought up intelligence. The ARTICLE was the culprit of that particular offense.

Nope.

Actually, yes they do. You seem to have difficulty with a little bit of ribbing or criticism. Neither are bad, we all get some. If you think this is bad, you won't believe how bad it is in the military.
It's not my fault that people seem to have trouble keeping on topic when debating with me. There's a HUGE difference between ribbing and criticism and blatantly de-railing threads and degrading them to troll havens.

Just a side note... WTF does the military have anything to do with this? I'm not exactly planning on going into the forces, so I'm not sure why the level of ribbing and criticism in the military has any effect on me whatsoever... I suppose it's just more of the same... Dragging the thread farther and farther off the topic.

I find many conservative arguements while full of confidence and zeal are often minus the very basic facts, either by ignorance or "selective research" -meaning inconvenient facts that disprove or run contrary to conservative thinking are simply discarded or ignored. Often is the case that something sounds good like "Liberals hate guns" because they believe in gun control. Rather than the facts, "they might believe in gun control but go visit New England sometime during the fall to see how anti-gun they are".

Pretty much the egotistical Liberal view on this particular topic.

Rob Henderson swears a study is true even though it has not been released yet. POST #1
Mmarsh determines without any sources to back it up that:
"I am going to have to say that the study is probably accurate, at least as far as the US goes." POST #46

So mmarsh this statement would seem to hold true for liberals as well:

"confidence and zeal are often minus the very basic facts."

Talk about your "selective research" :smile:
Mind you -I am not saying that every conservative is a stupid moron. But the base of the movement, (not the intellectuals) has become more of a Borg Collective mind that simply repeat whatever they are told, without bothering to check whether its actually true or not. Liberals have their faults, but this ability to bleat on cue isnt one of them.

"repeat whatever they are told, without bothering to check whether its actually true or not." quote mmarsh

I love your sense of humor,
1. You always refuse to supply sources or facts when requested.
2. You jump on an article about the publication of an upcoming study as Proof?
3. You repeat what you read from Rob's posts, but nothing from the article.

Then you state that conservatives don't bother to "check whether it is true or not.".:cheers:

I asked for facts from the article (POST #27), none were forthcoming. Where is any discussion of the religious portion of Rob's attack. You know, "Atheists are smarter".

You and Rob just want to rant about conservatives but don't address the Atheism part of the study.

In short Rob returns and immediately starts a topic designed to flame the old Conservative vs Liberal feud. He does not present anything to support his topic other than a news article about an upcoming study. We can not debate the topic because it has not been presented.

P. S. Rob, I never said the reporter was been dishonest like your rant says. All she did was report about an upcoming study. The article is there to view.

This statement from the article tends to explain where Rob and mmarsh are coming from: "Behaviors may stem from desire to show superiority or elitism, which also has to do with IQ."

You and Rob just want to rant about conservatives but don't address the Atheism part of the study.

In short Rob returns and immediately starts a topic designed to flame the old Conservative vs Liberal feud. He does not present anything to support his topic other than a news article about an upcoming study. We can not debate the topic because it has not been presented.

P. S. Rob, I never said the reporter was been dishonest like your rant says. All she did was report about an upcoming study. The article is there to view.

This statement from the article tends to explain where Rob and mmarsh are coming from: "Behaviors may stem from desire to show superiority or elitism, which also has to do with IQ."
When was the last time you met a conservative atheist? . . . Exactly.

The topic is the article, which discusses the study. Therefore the topic is, by extension, the study. It is not anyone's fault but your own and perhaps the education system in which you were taught that you cannot grasp this *somewhat* abstract concept.

P.S Chukpike, you have been raving about how the study has not been presented, but the writer of the article speaks about the study. And, since she cannot lie in her writings, the study obviously holds some truth.

Your use of the article is somewhat comical. You attempt to use it to backfire on mmarsh and myself, yet you further prove OUR point... Superiority and elitism has to do with IQs, as per your article, so if mmarsh and I are attempting to show superiority and elitism, it must mean we have higher IQs, right? So we just conducted our own version of the study right here! How's THAT for facts?

When was the last time you met a conservative atheist? . . . Exactly.

The topic is the article, which discusses the study. Therefore the topic is, by extension, the study. It is not anyone's fault but your own and perhaps the education system in which you were taught that you cannot grasp this *somewhat* abstract concept.

P.S Chukpike, you have been raving about how the study has not been presented, but the writer of the article speaks about the study. And, since she cannot lie in her writings, the study obviously holds some truth.

Your use of the article is somewhat comical. You attempt to use it to backfire on mmarsh and myself, yet you further prove OUR point... Superiority and elitism has to do with IQs, as per your article, so if mmarsh and I are attempting to show superiority and elitism, it must mean we have higher IQs, right? So we just conducted our own version of the study right here! How's THAT for facts?

Yes, I guess you have proved you are both rocket scientists!:lol:

And Rob the quote from the article is;
"Behaviors may stem from desire to show superiority or elitism, which also has to do with IQ."

It does not mean you actually have a higher IQ.

You definitely have a desire to consider yourself elite and smarter than others.:pray:

Added:
"And, since she cannot lie in her writings, the study obviously holds some truth." So I take it you believe everything Fox News reports!

Last edited:
Back