New screw up of Spanish Socialists - Page 4




 
--
Boots
 
April 1st, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
Chavez is capable of about anything. His beef with Colombia and Columbias with him revolves around his support of the FARC Guerillas and his harboring of high ranking FARC officials. I don't see Hugo attacking Columbia right now because the US would without a doubt assist Columbia. He's crazy but not that stupid....I hope.

However I would keep an eye on Guayana. A border dispute has been going on for years concerning the Esquibo Region. I think that Hugo would think nothing of attacking over it.
April 2nd, 2005  
Corocotta
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Chavez is capable of about anything. His beef with Colombia and Columbias with him revolves around his support of the FARC Guerillas and his harboring of high ranking FARC officials. I don't see Hugo attacking Columbia right now because the US would without a doubt assist Columbia. He's crazy but not that stupid....I hope.
.
What kind of support is Hugo giving to the FARC?? Is he letting them venezuela´s territory to hide them...??
April 4th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
A few months ago. Columbia employeed Bounty Hunters to capture a FARC commander who was hiding in Venezuela. This is after Hugo lied to Columbia and told them the guy wasn't there. He then of course started wailing about Venezuela being violated.
--
Boots
April 4th, 2005  
Corocotta
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
A few months ago. Columbia employeed Bounty Hunters to capture a FARC commander who was hiding in Venezuela. This is after Hugo lied to Columbia and told them the guy wasn't there. He then of course started wailing about Venezuela being violated.
Umm, I didn´t knew it..It just happened once or its his usual policy?
April 6th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
All sources say he's done it, doing it and will continue to do it. There are also rumors that orders have been issued to the military of Venzuelea not to interfer with FARC formations crossing the Border but to engage any Colombian military units attempting to do so.
April 6th, 2005  
Corocotta
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
All sources say he's done it, doing it and will continue to do it. There are also rumors that orders have been issued to the military of Venzuelea not to interfer with FARC formations crossing the Border but to engage any Colombian military units attempting to do so.
That is not a very smart policy. Colombia might get tired one day and start the shots.
April 6th, 2005  
Pierrot
 
Quote:
The Carter Center can't.....stop.......laughing.........hurts....... ..stop.......please. European...... Parliment .............Ohhhhhhh........Stop.............kill ing .........me.
Waouh ! what a killing argument ! I am convinced !

I am still waiting for examples I've asked you 03...

Concerning an attack against Colombia.... let's see some figures :
military expenditures of Venezuela : 1.126 billion $ and Colombia : 3,3 billion $. So I doubt Chavez's going to attack Colombia.
source ->http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications...k/geos/ve.html
Don't pretend it's a marxist source !
April 6th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
The amount of money has nothing to do with the Price of Pancitos in Caracas. Chavez is actively allowing FARC to harbor in his country. Eventually the Colombians are going to have to seal their border or pursue FARC into Venzuelea. A large Colombian military presence on the Border will antagonize Chavez make no doubt about that.

Chavez attempted a Coup in 1992 as a Lt. Col in the Military. It failed. His statement after the failure. "We were not successful
Por ahora "for now."