The New Russia

I don't see anything wrong; it was just a VE day.

Ahhh,... but you miss the point Fox.

When we have a parade it is a salute to our heroes, the Russkies only have parades focusing on world domination. :wink:

We went through all of this journalistic fear mongering during the Cold War, most of which was discredited when the USSR degenerated into a political and economic basketcase a few years back. These journalists think we haven't seen all of this before.

I found it interesting that they're marching as the Soviet army, not the Russian army, complete with hammer & sickle and CCCP.

The article does raise some good arguments that this parade is nothing more than a propaganda tool. The Russian military is still plagued by financial and manpower shortages. This parade doesn't fool us in the West, but it must be a great domestic propaganda tool and morale booster for the Russian people, to make them feel great again just like the good old days.

Ahhh,... but you miss the point Fox.

When we have a parade it is a salute to our heroes, the Russkies only have parades focusing on world domination. :wink:

We went through all of this journalistic fear mongering during the Cold War, most of which was discredited when the USSR degenerated into a political and economic basketcase a few years back. These journalists think we haven't seen all of this before.

True. But still to me, I still think it's just a historical parade.

Why shouldn't the Russians march past flying the Hammer and Sickle, millions of them them died fighting under that flag

Meh, let them do what they want. It's a Veteran Memorial, and LeEnfield has a great points; millions upon millions of russians died trying to keep the Hammer and Sickle proud in the sky, let them have some pride. Plus, old school Soviet Parades are the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BJsxThahqE Red Army Parade 1984, accompanied by Red Alert's Hell March (best song ever).

Back