New Report cites Iranian WMD threat as exaggerated.

I think it's more like the human brain of someone who has something to die for and isn't afraid to die. Someone with nothing to lose if you will.
We may be dealing with religious fanaticism now but it can be just about anything else at any other place and time.

Good post Redneck.

Only one qualification - the most dangerous weapon on earth is the human brain of a religious fanatic.

I see what your are saying but I don't agree. Religous fanatics respond by reaction not by thought.

Think of it like a reflex test when the doctor hits your knee with his medical mallet, the knee automatically react without any conscience instruction from the brain.

Thats how I few religious fanatics. All they can do is react, they don't think, they just react.

Last edited:
MM - help me here - are you saying that your favourite is a religious fanatic or an irreligious fanatic?? You can have both but you can't have neither!

Mmarsh, not necessarily. Religious fanatics do put a lot of thought into what they do and why they do it. They just see the world and reality in a completely different light.
When I see a desk, I don't see it entirely in the manner that you see it.
When it comes to things that are far less obvious than a desk, the way we see things can be extremely different.
It's dangerous because it's actually thought out and deliberate.

DeL Boy

Sorry. Bloody typos, its fixed now.

13th Redneck

Fanatics are very narrow minded. I would say they fixate rather than think. Most fanatics suffer from a persecution complex so the only thought that enters their mind is how to retaliate against their oppressors, real or imagined. Revenge is a emotional reaction, just like having a physical is a physical reaction.

Their thoughts are narrow but can be extremely deep. What they do makes sense to them.
Simple revenge or a reaction to some simple stimuli doesn't result in a calculated plan to strike strategic or psychological targets... sometimes these plans take years to engage in successfully. The exception may be the guy with the dynamite around his waist on that particular day. But the guy who's strapping it on the poor bastard knows what he's doing.
If you ask them, they can give you a very good reason of why they are doing what they are doing and why it is justified. Although I guess sports fanaticism is a bit of a reflex thing. Though even there I'm sure if you asked someone articulate enough, they could give you a surprisingly good response.

Back