New Polish Light Tank

Venom PL

Daughter of General Władysław Anders has unveiled the first "Polish Light Tank"

International launch at MSPO

mspo2010_bumar.jpg

Daughter of General Władysław Anders has unveiled the first "Polish Light Tank". From left: Jerzy Olek, Anna Anders, Czesław Swoboda
The Fire Support Vehicle, built on the combat platform of the 21st century, is a smash hit of this year's defence exhibition in Kielce. The unveiling ceremony, on the first day of the MSPO fair, was performed by Anna Anders, the youngest daughter of General Anders, with the BUMAR stand being the venue. The Fire Support Vehicle was also named after the General and, which was emphasized by president of the BUMAR holding, Edward Nowak, during the unveiling, with this event the tradition of naming innovative military vehicles after Poland's national heroes was established.

"Polish Light Tank"- Fire Support Vehicles based on the 21st century combat platform - a fruit of the hard and extensive work that has been carried out by engineers and researchers as well as by all those creating the manufacturing potential of the Polish defence industry. This development project is being implemented by OBRUM, the Military University of Technology (WAT) and Wojskowe Zakłady Mechaniczne in Siemianowice Śląskie, with finance provided by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.

The Bumar Group, which has developed its first fighting vehicle in a long time, hopes that this modern fire support vehicle, built in compliance with the latest NATO standards defined on the basis of the experience gained in Iraq and Afghanistan, enables this defence holding to continue supplying the army with its armoured equipment. It will also be a chance to get the production going at Zakłady Mechaniczne in Łabędy, a tank manufacturer which is undergoing a restructuring.

Fire Support Vehicle
With the solutions and components adopted in its design, the Fire Support Vehicle can be classified into the world's main MBT vehicles as a Generation III+ technology.

Its low combat weight and high ballistic protection levels (basic version - level 3+, with add-on armour - 5+, with mine protection system - 3) according to STANAG 4569, in addition to its dimensions facilitating air transport make it suitable for utilization during military intervention and peace-keeping missions, both classic and asymmetric conflicts, including rural and mountainous areas, in any geographical locations. It can be used for the immediate relocation of four landing force soldiers.

Quick add-on features:

• additional armour, including a reactive one,
  • high-tech anti-tank missile protection system (Zaslon and Trophy active protection systems).
  • sapper equipment to be installed at the front of the chassis,
  • gun nest identification system,
  • command variant option,
  • other.
Its chassis, designed as a multi-purpose modular platform, can be additionally equipped (sapper and reconnaissance systems, medical assistance, radio station, and other) to meet standards required of special fighting vehicles in the battlefield.

Source: http://www.targikielce.pl/index.html?k=mspo_en&s=news&news=53

attachment.php

i guess it's good in city and jungle only not in desert . if u have a new made vehicles in poland plz post it . thnx

i guess it's good in city and jungle only not in desert . if u have a new made vehicles in poland plz post it . thnx

Well... I don't know if it helps, but heres some random crap.

Żubr- version for police with build-in ladder

zubr-2_resize.jpg

Germaz M-ATV G10 - MRAP vehicle

mrap1.jpg

AHS Krab - 155 mm self-propelled artillery (AS 90 Braveheart turret on Polish-made chassis)

crab.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That police armoured car is cool! I'd love to drive to work in that. Plough the roads if it is snowy. Cover an area if the road has gone. Yeah, I think I would be popular if I could transport people about anywhere. lol. No where I can get one cheap? ha ha.

The Tur reminds me of Russian Tigr
index.php

c732c4a2a0f21d138570c84c32f2d65b.jpg

lol Poles stealing from us technology we ourselves stole from Americans.

Just like the good old times...

The Tur reminds me of Russian Tigr
index.php

c732c4a2a0f21d138570c84c32f2d65b.jpg

lol Poles stealing from us technology we ourselves stole from Americans.

Just like the good old times...

Tigr was never present in Poland. And yea we also copied V-shaped floor, too bad its not present in Tigr though. So what did we copied? Size?
Tur is basically up armoured HMMV with better mine protection, and some minor upgrades. Aynway... making such a car is easy. Anyone who can cut armour plates can make thier own, and many countries do. So it's not really some kind of high end "technology". I'd rather say that nobody stole anything, as it's not an obvious ripoff. But is your right to think otherwise.

Last edited:
Anyway... gonna spam you with pictures from AMZ-Kutno now.
First:
That blue thingy

Got the name wrong, its actually Żubr (Name for european bison)
zubr_specjalny_4.jpg

zubr_specjalny_1.jpg

zubr_specjalny_3.jpg

Aite now other models:

zubr_wd_1.jpg

zubr_3.jpg

And this, my friend, is a Tigr ripoff, not the upper ones:

Tur-2
tur2_1.jpg

Now it looks like this:

Tur-3
tur3_1.jpg

Dzik-3 currently in use by Iraq army:

dzik_III_4.jpg

Oh yeah! great images! I am a massive Armoured Vehicles man. I just think they look amazing. Those a really good and interesting. get's a massive thumbs up from me!

Looks like it can pack a punch. Is that soldier carry thing at back that I see in picture 3? Wouldn't that make it an IFV but just with a massive gun?

Looks like it can pack a punch. Is that soldier carry thing at back that I see in picture 3? Wouldn't that make it an IFV but just with a massive gun?

Yep, and that's what it really is. It's an IFV. Carries only 4 troops though. Dedicated IFV version will carry like 8-9, with 30 mm turret and AT rockets.

Yep, and that's what it really is. It's an IFV. Carries only 4 troops though. Dedicated IFV version will carry like 8-9, with 30 mm turret and AT rockets.

Core that really is small. But then again. You wouldn't cramming a few in there and then cram the rest of the squad in another not so good IFV just to have the on the battlefield though. How many men are normally in a polish army squad?

Core that really is small. But then again. You wouldn't cramming a few in there and then cram the rest of the squad in another not so good IFV just to have the on the battlefield though. How many men are normally in a polish army squad?

From what I know mechanised infantry in Polish army works in squads of 10.
But I'm not an expert, maybe someone else will know better

So, you'd need three to transport one squad. Well, depending on the type of mission you were doing that could be be pretty good. Three of those supporting maybe a well trained squad in danger zone where's it too risky to send too many men or equipment. I think three of those could help get the job done. But I must admit, for full on scale assaults with lots of men it's no the most practical IFV to use.

So, you'd need three to transport one squad. Well, depending on the type of mission you were doing that could be be pretty good. Three of those supporting maybe a well trained squad in danger zone where's it too risky to send too many men or equipment. I think three of those could help get the job done. But I must admit, for full on scale assaults with lots of men it's no the most practical IFV to use.

10 including driver and gunner. It's not meant to work alone, dedicated IFV version will follow. That one is to carry full squad. At expense of firepower wich will be reduced to 30mm autocannon and AT rockets, most likely Israeli Spike missiles.

Back