New Paratrooper

hicks

Hey.

I've posted a few times, but thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Josh..... known as "hicks" throughout the internet becuase it's usually my screenname... but it's not my last name.

I've been in the US Army just short of 4 years and will be an E-6 by the end of summer. I'm in the Airborne Infantry stationed at Fort Bragg. You can see my schools in my profile.

My company is the test company for the Infantry's new Anti-armor weapon system known as LOSAT. But it doesn't look like we'll be adopting it anytime soon.

Good to be here.

Welcome. Paratrooper eh? I know a whole wack of them. they are pretty hardcore guys. hope to get to know ya better throughout your time here

Again, thanks for the kind welcomes.

I've been browsing for hours after accidentally finding this website the other day, and it's great.

I can't wait to get to know everybody better.

boom_er1 said:
And here I thought you'd say because I can and get paid for it. Just watch where you land. :lol:

I've been lucky enough not to land in trees.... but big ass puddles of water on the otherhand.....

boom_er1 said:
Did I forget to mention that a good soldier never has wet socks? :lol:

That's a myth.

I know plenty of GREAT soldiers who had wet socks until we stopped and had the time to change them.

Welcome Hicks. I've been involved in the LOSAT program off and on for about five years. I work everything but the missile and launcher. I sure thought LockMart was going to get it on the air soon. Shame.

Missileer said:
Welcome Hicks. I've been involved in the LOSAT program off and on for about five years. I work everything but the missile and launcher. I sure thought LockMart was going to get it on the air soon. Shame.

No kidding?

Do you know Pat Coman or Amos Hooker?

We might know some of the same people at Lockheed Martin.

hicks said:
Missileer said:

No kidding?

Do you know Pat Coman or Amos Hooker?

We might know some of the same people at Lockheed Martin.

I have been back and forth but I only worked with the guys out in the LOSAT building. I worked with an engineer, tall slim guy who smokes a lot and drives a little mini car but I can't remember names too well. There were a lot of Sr. men in the offices that I didn't meet. There was also an older guy who was an ex pilot in the service. He was talkative but very cerebral.

We build ITAS here at McKinney also. I worked on TOW before it was moved to Tucson. I worked on Maverick, Sidewinder, and Paveway since I went to work in missiles. I'm now stuck on FLIR tank sights. It's sure a far different field from laser guidance systems and rangefinders.

Back