New Paratrooper - Page 2

--

May 10th, 2005  
hicks

The money and the glory.
May 10th, 2005  
boom_er1

And here I thought you'd say because I can and get paid for it. Just watch where you land.
May 10th, 2005  
hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom_er1
And here I thought you'd say because I can and get paid for it. Just watch where you land.
I've been lucky enough not to land in trees.... but big ass puddles of water on the otherhand.....
--
May 10th, 2005  
boom_er1

Did I forget to mention that a good soldier never has wet socks?
May 10th, 2005  
hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom_er1
Did I forget to mention that a good soldier never has wet socks?
That's a myth.

I know plenty of GREAT soldiers who had wet socks until we stopped and had the time to change them.
May 11th, 2005  
boom_er1

Well, good luck anyway. and again Welcome aboard.
May 11th, 2005  
Missileer

Welcome Hicks. I've been involved in the LOSAT program off and on for about five years. I work everything but the missile and launcher. I sure thought LockMart was going to get it on the air soon. Shame.
May 11th, 2005  
hicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Welcome Hicks. I've been involved in the LOSAT program off and on for about five years. I work everything but the missile and launcher. I sure thought LockMart was going to get it on the air soon. Shame.
No kidding?

Do you know Pat Coman or Amos Hooker?

We might know some of the same people at Lockheed Martin.
May 12th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
No kidding?

Do you know Pat Coman or Amos Hooker?

We might know some of the same people at Lockheed Martin.
I have been back and forth but I only worked with the guys out in the LOSAT building. I worked with an engineer, tall slim guy who smokes a lot and drives a little mini car but I can't remember names too well. There were a lot of Sr. men in the offices that I didn't meet. There was also an older guy who was an ex pilot in the service. He was talkative but very cerebral.

We build ITAS here at McKinney also. I worked on TOW before it was moved to Tucson. I worked on Maverick, Sidewinder, and Paveway since I went to work in missiles. I'm now stuck on FLIR tank sights. It's sure a far different field from laser guidance systems and rangefinders.
May 12th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Welcome. Have fun!!!