New "old" member

gjc

Members,

Many apologies. It has been pointed out that I may have ommitted to introduce myself, for which I apologise.

I am a serving British Army Officer. I served three years in the reserves (OTC - bless) and then after a year at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst was commissioned into the Devonshire and Dorset Regiment, the finest Infantry Regiement in the British Army without a doubt! Unfortunatley as 19 British Infantry Regiments are about to disappear under complex defence cuts we wait to see who I shall be serving with in the future (usually in Britian you join a Regiement for life). I am currently employed as the 2IC of a rifle Company.

During my time in the Army I have served in Britain, Romania and spent two years on Operations in Northern Ireland, and I have been on exercise in Cyprus, and the USA (Fort Lewis).

I love the Army slightly less than I love my wife, and we have a child on the way (Oct 15!!) :?

That's about it. Any questions about the British Army give me a shout.

gjc

Aww...! Good luck with your babe! Do you have any clue as to the gender or are you keeping it a surprise? If you care about horescopes any, you'll child'll be a gem. October babies are. (I'm Oct. 9th! ^_^)

And good luck with the Regiment change. That kinda sucks. Unless you wanted to change, in which case, Kudos! But loosing something because of budgets or politics always carries the stink of lame to me...

Welcome.

Welcome aboard gjc. Good to have you and congrats on the upcoming baby :D Enjoy your new family and good thing you love the army slightly less than the wife otherwise you would need that army to keep her at bay. :lol:

Have you ever read The Little Prince? We are studying that book in depth in my Honors English II class. It's quite an interesting confusing book! Oh well, anyways, welcome welcome, and congrats on the baby. Boy or Girl? Keep me updated... I love kids!

(I went up to my (now)ex once and told him I wanted a baby.... He started cracking up and said, "You, with a baby? Oh lord, thats hilarious". 8) )

Back