NEW MILITARY RECRUIT TRAINING STANDARDS!

boom_er1

New Military Recruit Training Standards

WASHINGTON - (AP) In an effort to ensure proper training and readiness among the military services, Congress has approved the following changes to basic principles of recruit training:

HAIRCUTS:

Marines-heads will be shaved.

Army-flat-tops for all recruits.

Navy-no haircut standard.

Air Force-complete makeovers as seen on the Jenny Jones show.

TRAINING HOURS:

Marines-rise at 0500, train until 2000.

Army-rise at 0600, train until 1900.

Navy-rise at 0900, train until 1100, lunch til 1300, train till 1600.

Air Force-rise at 1000, breakfast in bed, lunch at 1200, nap at 1400, training ceases at 1500.

MEALS:

Marines-Meals-Ready-to-Eat 3 times a day.

Army-one hot meal, 2 MRE's.

Navy-3 hot meals.

Air Force-catered meals prepared by the Galloping Gourmet, Julia Childs, and Wolfgang Puck. All you can eat.

LEAVE and LIBERTY:

Marines-none.

Army-4 hours a week.

Navy-2 days a week.

Air Force-for every four hours of training, recruits will receive eight hours of leave and liberty.

PROTOCOL:

Marines-will address all officers as "Sir" and refer to the rank of all enlisted members when speaking to them (i.e. Sgt Smith).

Army-will address all officers as "Sir", unless they are friends, and will call all enlisted personnel Sarge.

Navy-will address all officers as Skipper, and all enlisted personnel as Chief.

Air Force-all Air Force personnel shall be on a first name basis with all other personnel.

DECORATIONS/AWARDS:

Marines-medals and badges are awarded for acts of gallantry and bravery.

Army-medals and badges are awarded for every bullet fired, hand grenade thrown,

fitness test passed, and bed made.

Navy-will have ships engineers make medals for them as needed.

Air Force-will be issued all medals as they will most likely be awarded them at some point early in their careers.

CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS:

Marines-work uniform, to be worn only during training and in field situations.

Army-will wear it anytime, anywhere.

Navy-will not wear cammies, they do not camouflage you on a ship. Captains will make every effort to TRY to explain this to our sailors.

Air Force-will defeat the purpose of camouflage by putting blue and grey service chevrons and name tapes on them.

CAREER FIELDS:

Marines-all Marines shall be considered riflemen first and foremost.

Army-doesn't matter, all career fields promote to E-8 in first enlistment.

Navy-nobody knows. Navy still trying figure out what all the SMC, BNC, BSN, and all the other ratings things are.

Air Force-every recruit will be trained in a manner that will allow them to leave the service early to go on to higher paying civilian jobs.

:salute2::army::drill::CG::visor: :bang:

Air Force-every recruit will be trained in a manner that will allow them to leave the service early to go on to higher paying civilian jobs.

One of my cadre here during plebe summer spent a few weeks exchange at the Air Force Academy. He hated it. One of the reasons was that almost everyone there plans to 5 and dive, put in their five years of owed duty after graduation and then leave the service. They all want the flight time as pilots in order to become commercial pilots. If you go to an academy you need to want to serve, not just do the minimum and then split. That aint right.

Great, especially liked the one about the awards. I saw an airman with one stripe at the DFAC and he had 2 or 3 badges and patches all over his utility uniform, I asked him what he had done to earn all that, he said that he'd only been out of AIT for 6 months and that he didn't really know what it was all for, but he was told to have it all sewn on by his Tech Sgt., true story.

Great, especially liked the one about the awards. I saw an airman with one stripe at the DFAC and he had 2 or 3 badges and patches all over his utility uniform, I asked him what he had done to earn all that, he said that he'd only been out of AIT for 6 months and that he didn't really know what it was all for, but he was told to have it all sewn on by his Tech Sgt., true story.

Typical Air Force.

That is not the Air Force when I left the service a little over a year ago. Recruits going in got issued a (non-functional, THANK GOD!!!) M-16, Basic Training was ramped up form six weeks to eight weeks (as I had always thought it should have been in the first place), and be able to run a mile and a half quickly (though with no guidelines as to exactly how fast), push-ups (again, no set number of minimums), sit-ups (no set minimums, do we see a pattern yet?), and height, weight, and body circumfrence. The way the our whole PT test was put together was so that a person who's body mass index (if you want to know what that is, look it up) was 25 or under, then all you had to do was pass your run and not even worry about doing push-ups or sit-ups because you have already accumilated enough points to pass the test. The whole thing was a sham, if you ask me.

That is not the Air Force when I left the service a little over a year ago. Recruits going in got issued a (non-functional, THANK GOD!!!) M-16, Basic Training was ramped up form six weeks to eight weeks (as I had always thought it should have been in the first place), and be able to run a mile and a half quickly (though with no guidelines as to exactly how fast), push-ups (again, no set number of minimums), sit-ups (no set minimums, do we see a pattern yet?), and height, weight, and body circumfrence. The way the our whole PT test was put together was so that a person who's body mass index (if you want to know what that is, look it up) was 25 or under, then all you had to do was pass your run and not even worry about doing push-ups or sit-ups because you have already accumilated enough points to pass the test. The whole thing was a sham, if you ask me.

Thats what my daughter said about the Air Scouts when she went thru Lackland:lol:

Hahahahaha, that's funny.

I can't think of anything good about the Air Force, even the Coast Guard is more macho. I guess since they don't wear bell bottoms, that's one positive. I am not quite sure why they are considered military, they ought to probably be considered a part of NASA.

NOT A PART OF THE MILITARY?!?! Did I read that correctly? The Air Force may not act like they're part of the military at times (which is less than what you may believe, especially now a days), but they are very much part of the military. The Coast Guard, while a military branch as well, is not under the Department of Defense like the other four are, except in times of war. At all other times (up until 9/11) they were considered a part of the Department of Transportation. After 9/11, they were transferred under the Department of Homeland Security. Now I whole heartedly agree the the Air Force should have more strict standards, considering that we were originally a part of the Army. But there is no doubt in my mind that we are a part of the military. Now more than ever Airmen are getting sent outside the wire on convoys and other duties that traditionally fell in the Army's lap.

Really? You guys are doing patrols and that type of stuff? I know they did so quite a bit in Vietnam but I didn't think you guys were even issued cammies since.

Yeah the Air Scout's were doing patrols and "securing" villages around some of their AB's in the sand box. Called it Operation Safeside (just like they did in Vietnam). Thats all I'll say about it. Other than they were very impressed with the results.

They also have TACP's out with the Army.

Wow, I'm impressed. I thought they didn't like gettin their hands dirty. I like them doing more combative roles if their going to be considered a combat capable portion of the military.

All Jokes aside,
The AIrforce has been doing COnvoy Security, Tower Guard and a bunch of other nasty jobs for years now.

It's Fun to pick on the zoomies but a lot of them have been eating the same sand that the Army and Marines have for years.

damn man you should hear what's goin on in Ukraine's standards, heck, did you know the russians already have a "space troops" corps?

putin in space->:rambo:

Hahahahaha, that's funny.

I can't think of anything good about the Air Force, even the Coast Guard is more macho. I guess since they don't wear bell bottoms, that's one positive. I am not quite sure why they are considered military, they ought to probably be considered a part of NASA.

Theres just something about this statement that is down right wrong.

The United States Air Force I belonged to was defitnetly military. Over a 20 year period i was in support of field ops with aircraft at the squadron level, Served on mobile hospitals, served on deployments, served at 1 year seperate from the family short tours over seas. Just because it was mostly operations against "the Cold War" participants didnt mean i didnt saw friends get killed, or didnt see action, or the like. I may write funny stories about the thing i saw on my "civillian" occupational side, but I have some damn serious ones for the NBC role i was also trained for.

Part of NASA? The only thing i can say is no. I was at Langley, and the only thing we supported there was loaning them a runway so they could take off when they did their thing...what ever it was.

The really bad thing is, we send our officers out to do the bombing, straffing and such. Doesnt mean that we didnt die at our bases waiting to recover the aircraft while they were out supporting the ground troops...the korean war was full of those conditions, My dad told me about viet nam, where several times they were issued weapons and sent to the base perimiter to defend it. Or getting shelled, rocketed, bombed, and shot at. he was air force. He was in the military.

Im really hoping that above statement was just some more humor...:neutral:

Last edited:
Back