NEW MILITARY RECRUIT TRAINING STANDARDS!

I think it was meant in humor. Given that Aiki is a Marine he was following the 15th General order. "You flip crap at the Army, Navy and Air Force." the 14th General Order being "You will steal from above listed barnches if they leave their gear unsecured.":p

i sometimes get confused reading about the US Military :p who does what?

you guys have the US army, the land forces, they do infantry and tank battles and such. but they also have attack helicopters, isnt flying for the air force? :p

then you got the Marines, from what i understand, they do the same job as the US army , but they set of from ships and such. then i heard they even have their own fighterjets, wich i could understand with having aircraft carriers, but the US navy also have their own fighterjets to fly of those aircraft carriers.

i mean in time of a war, who gets to do what? :p

It keeps the killing competetive.

Quote of the day :cheers:

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Army: Infantry/armor/support thereof, limited sealift, and close air support (for themselves, usually).

Marine Corps: Infantry/armor/support thereof (designed for mobility rather than brute force), close air support, limited air-to-air capability.

Navy: Limited infantry/support (Seabees), massive sealift, at-sea combat capability, close air support, air-to-air capability, limited airlift, major nuclear capability, ballistic missile defense capability, major ground-to-air capability (Aegis).

Air Force: Very limited infantry/support, massive airlift, air-to-air capability (limited outside CONUS), secondary nuclear capability.

Last edited:
Quote of the day :cheers:

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Army: Infantry/armor/support thereof, limited sealift, and close air support (for themselves, usually).

Marine Corps: Infantry/armor/support thereof (designed for mobility rather than brute force), close air support, limited air-to-air capability.

Navy: Limited infantry/support (Seabees), massive sealift, at-sea combat capability, close air support, air-to-air capability, limited airlift, major nuclear capability, ballistic missile defense capability, major ground-to-air capability (Aegis).

Air Force: Very limited infantry/support, massive airlift, air-to-air capability (limited outside CONUS), secondary nuclear capability.

wow thanks for the explanation sir :)

this is cruel the US Coast Guard isn't even mentioned why?? They are very valuable and important I hate they aren't mentioned

well thats true but still like if they joke with the military at least consider the coast guard part of the military

I would go marines or army any day, rather be in the fight than watch from the sidelines or watch through a satelite...

I would go marines or army any day, rather be in the fight than watch from the sidelines or watch through a satelite...

i hope your not implying that the coast guard sits in the sidelines because believe me they do go in harms way and A LOT!!!

I'll be honest it wouldn't hurt my pride any to be married to a guy in the Air Force and not the Marine Corps. I've told hubby he can jump ship anytime and join the Air Force

That is not the Air Force when I left the service a little over a year ago. Recruits going in got issued a (non-functional, THANK GOD!!!) M-16, Basic Training was ramped up form six weeks to eight weeks (as I had always thought it should have been in the first place), and be able to run a mile and a half quickly (though with no guidelines as to exactly how fast), push-ups (again, no set number of minimums), sit-ups (no set minimums, do we see a pattern yet?), and height, weight, and body circumfrence. The way the our whole PT test was put together was so that a person who's body mass index (if you want to know what that is, look it up) was 25 or under, then all you had to do was pass your run and not even worry about doing push-ups or sit-ups because you have already accumilated enough points to pass the test. The whole thing was a sham, if you ask me.
Was in the PX. Airforce girl in front of me read the headline from the Airforce Times "Air Force to reduce PT standards". She turns the the girl next to her and says "I can't believe this. Now the other services will respect us even less."

Back