New MilForum "logo"....

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I'm just experimenting a bit with some new forum logos..

I've put a temporary one up there now, took me 5 mins to make it.
Any change from the old one is only for the better.. :lol:
(I know it did s*ck..)

Any suggestions to how the new logo should look like??

Re: New "logo"....

Redleg said:
I'm just experimenting a bit with some new forum logos..

I've put a temporary one up there now, took me 5 mins to make it.
Any change from the old one is only for the better.. :lol:
(I know it did s*ck..)

Any suggestions to how the new logo should look like??

Well maybe a different picture of the globe, one that goes better with the background. You might want to make it transpearant, that way it'll just be the outline of the world.

Use a different font though - it's not of good quality, kinda smudgy and blury.

Sounds like good ideas..

I'm not going to keep the one I have there now, I just had to replace the boring/awful one I had before..
I got depressed just by seeing it.. :lol:

Darkmb101 said:
i didnt even know that we had a logo before. :oops:

I know... :oops:
That's why I had to throw one up there now, took me 5 mins to make it..

Hope to get a better one this weekend.

Please post any suggestions here.
MilBucks will be credited to the best/most creative suggestions. :)

Oh well, I liked the old one, at least better then the new. IT was just easier to read and such... I dunno.

CrazyCadet142 said:
Oh well, I liked the old one, at least better then the new. IT was just easier to read and such... I dunno.

The new one isn't the NEW one, it's just temporary.. :)

Good suggestions Marksman, but it's a bit too BIG, and the font's a bit small.. :D

I'll try to come up with some more samples this weekend, and post them here, so you can help me decide.
I've been thinking about making the sea transparent, and make the font a bit more readable..

Please feel free to post your own suggestions as well. :)
(but they cant be bigger than 10-15kb... Consumes a LOT of bandwidth..)

that was only suggestion,now globe not being centersd is only my fault cuz i wanted to show the main picturee how would it look,now font can be changed scaled or what ever u want.......also animation is possible too.Its just the creativity that matters.If i can make a winner,at least i can inspire our artist to make something,which was the idea.Main problem with this pictures is that it cant be conpressed,so the size is 921 kb in BMP.I didnt try JPG or JPEG but i dont think that it can be conpressed to 10 15 kb.

All suggestions are welcome, since I'm (obviously) no graphics artist myself.. :lol:

An animation could have been cool, but the logo can't be more than 10-15kb.
I want the pages to load fast enough for dial-ups, and I need to conserve bandwidth as well.
the forum pages are viewed by thousands every day, so a larger image/animation could end up eating most of my precious bandwidth.. :)

But keep those suggestions coming, and I'll post some more of my own later this week.

Just trying out a new one..

The font is a bit ugly, I'll change that one later..

Back