A new method of capital punishment?

3) "Give them another chance" my ass. Many of their victims never had a second chance. Why should we waste money on these guys' rehab?
This is EXACTLY how I feel.

btw, just to throw this out there, I'm tired of criminals getting a slap on the wrist for multiple DUI's, rape and child molestation.

This is EXACTLY how I feel.

btw, just to throw this out there, I'm tired of criminals getting a slap on the wrist for multiple DUI's, rape and child molestation.

I think a justice system has to take into account the possibility of rehabilitation, people do make mistakes and they do some incredibly stupid things at times but I do tend to think that when a person has a criminal record that requires its own filing cabinet to store and has spent pretty much every one their adult years in prison at the age of 35 then there is no chance these people are going to change and at that point it becomes pointless be spending good money keeping them locked up.

At this point I am fully supportive of spending the $1.50 in electricity or the $0.25 for a bullet (the family can always be billed for this) and move on with life knowing that there is one less worthless waste of space ruining other peoples lives.

So tell me then. Just because some criminals are murderers, does that mean ALL criminals are murders and must be punished the same?
And what about those, that have been seen by the media in the past, that were only found guilty because their lawyer screwed up? The lawyer is innocent, and the man guilty because he paid the lawyer to actually work? Then what? Wait behind bars for decades only to win then, when someone more honest found out that his lawyer was a scam artist?

Not everyone is guilty, and not everyone is innocent. You have a mix of the two. But the justice system clearly fails when it cannot differentiate between the two. So then, it is literally no different than the criminal element.

In bold....

I guess you could divide prisoners into various groups.

Those who have committed horrendous crimes who are deemed incurable and unmanageable for which the death penalty might be considered as a humane solution.
Humane to who?
Get rid of them and make an example out of them.

Those which impose a severe danger to themselves and others in prison and impose high internal costs. These should be given the option of euthanasia, perhaps irrespective of the crime as the quality of life for everyone is low.
"Excuse me, could you please consider taking your own life? You're far too much trouble for the rest of us." Yeah, right.

Extremely dangerous criminals who are potentially curable. These should be restricted to work inside the prisons
No. Why don't I write a list of people I really really hate, go on a killing spree, prove that I'm "curable" and relax the rest of my life away in a facility doing menial work and chilling out at the library?

Criminals who are generally non-violent but may have committed a serious crime in a rage and are facing a long sentence. Perhaps these could be given the chance to redeem themselves through engaging in a high risk venture, perhaps in the military, or rescue service, undercover police work.
You obviously have no idea about criminals, the military, the police or the rescue service.
Now I understand guys with the odd misdeminor (like the guy was totally drunk and was urinating on someone's car... woops) being given waivers but anything seriously violent that is out of order, no. Considering the sort of rules of engagement that troops operate under, they have no place.

Moderately dangerous criminals who could be safety supervised in groups outside the prison, but kept away from major population centres eg. offsetting the work given to illegal immigrants digging up crops in the country,
No. These folks who have to settle for being illegal immigrants should be given a real and proper way to obtain work permits that would allow them to work legally. Most of these folks want to return to their native country after they've earned their money anyway. Their lives are worth a LOT more than any of these criminals. I would rather see them be allowed to work legally, earn money, send their kids to school and then have a comfortable retirement in their home country than have these criminals be given "a second chance."

Non violent offenders who could be supervised in populated districts, once against offsetting illegal immigrant work by cleaning outdoors and more controversially engaging in a regulated sex industry

I'm not sure what you've been smoking but you've obviously watched one too many emotional movies about prisons. These people are not nice nor are they reasonable.
The whole reason why these gangs exist is because of this soft ass approach in dealing with them.

I'm sure this point has been re-hashed before, but what about the victims of violent crimes? It's a cinch that when the innocent are killed, they sure didn't have any say about the method of their untimely execution. I believe that cost should be of primary consideration, followed by "humanity".
A peaceful existence here on Earth would be great; call me when it arrives.

In bold....

I'm not sure what you've been smoking but you've obviously watched one too many emotional movies about prisons. These people are not nice nor are they reasonable.

The whole reason why these gangs exist is because of this soft ass approach in dealing with them.

So you regard a painless death penalty as being too soft for the worst offenders, perhaps we should go the whole hog and bring back the hang drawing and quartering? So in other words you choose a method of death so horrendous the liberals will dissent altogether and we will pay for a full term in prison. Good idea.

So faced with a life prison sentence none would wish to commit suicide? Strange because people leave ropes in cells and they take the hint don't they? In fact some prisoners do it without much of a hint.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4245354.stm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070613/ai_n19373622/

You don't seems to think digging up crops all day hard work Eh? Certainly far too hard for most non-immigrant populations, that's why a lot of illegals end up doing it. What exactly are you suggesting as an alternative, breaking stones, running up and down a hill, something useful like that, to leave the useful jobs for more immigrants?

I'm not sure exactly what your suggesting, perhaps you just want to disagree for the sake of it?

It's amazing really I thought my suggestions were probably too tough for most peoples tastes! Certainly too tough for Californian prisons if you look through the second link

It's called thinking and reasoning 03 ever tried it?

Here is what happened to the three most notorious UK murderers in recent decades who were not declared mentally ill (and therefore watched very closely)

On 5 September 2006, Huntley was found unconscious in his prison cell, thought to have taken an overdose. He had previously taken an overdose of anti-depressants at Woodhill Prison in June 2003, while awaiting his trial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soham_murders

On 1 January 1995, Fred West hanged himself while on remand in his cell at Winson Green Prison, Birmingham.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_West

Shipman died on 13 January 2004, after hanging himself in his cell at Wakefield Prison in West Yorkshire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

Seems to me there is no need for an executioner in any of these cases, merely a means of killing themselves as I originally suggested.

Last edited:
PS To to honest I must have pinched the idea

In 21st-century Illinois, several prisons continue to run farms to produce food for wards of the state, including the prisoners themselves.

If your talking US Prisons then 95% of your ideas won't fly. We cannot force labor, BTW Illinois isn't the only state that has farms and ranches, but the law declares that inmates who work them must do so voluntarily and be compensated for their labor.

What raises my oh #hit meter is your statement about a regulated sex industry. Something about that makes me get the williiees and want to call you a perv. Thats no where near punishment.....thats what we arrest people for.

Most prostitutes don't enjoy their work, they do for the money often to fund financial difficulties or a drug habit. For some admittedly it becomes a habit because good money can be made if their 'overheads' aren't too high. That's the thing, such an idea would certainly give the willies to the pimps (no pun intended) and illegal traffickers. That said perhaps if the PIMPS were forced to engage in the sex industry, now that would be controversial ! I think your right through, society wouldn't be ready for such practises.

I'm surprised what you say about inmates not being forced into labour though, or at least given privileges to do so. Is this just a law which can be changed (why don't right wing politicians enforce the few decent policies they have) or some moral point I have completely missed?

This is the sort of work which would be ideal for prison labour

Farmers have told Home Office ministers that strawberries and raspberries will be left to rot this summer because of a shortage of migrant workers to pick them.
The industry has urged the Government to relax quotas to allow thousands more migrants from Romania and Bulgaria, and non-EU Eastern European states such as Ukraine, Albania and Moldova, to enter Britain to pick fruit and vegetables.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1848230.ece#

Last edited:
If your talking US Prisons then 95% of your ideas won't fly. We cannot force labor, BTW Illinois isn't the only state that has farms and ranches, but the law declares that inmates who work them must do so voluntarily and be compensated for their labor.

What raises my oh #hit meter is your statement about a regulated sex industry. Something about that makes me get the williiees and want to call you a perv. Thats no where near punishment.....thats what we arrest people for.
Correct. Colorado has contract labor for it's prisoners, putting them on private farms. And yes 03 I do know this for a fact as I have not only seen it, but it has been televised.

Seems we talk about legal laws as if we have to accept them without challenge, they are not physical laws and even they can be modified!

I thought the whole point of this sort of discussion was to discuss what laws should be in place not which are.

Back