The new members treaty

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
Just a name a came up with.
Ok anyway, I think alot of us have been noticing this, and its not a very good sight indeed. Look for yourselves. A quite large number of new members have been signing up, but what is the percent of the members without a single post?? whats the percent of those people with less than 10 posts?? People come in here, register, say hi, and leave :bang: forever. People are registering, and remaining members, when truly, they barely are. And nothing is done about this. They are not active, and only become an overload.
Can anything be done? why not try to give a warning or something similar, saying that new members must reach a certain post count in a certain time period (without spamming). And if that has not been met, the members will automatically be erased. At least make it say for example, 10 posts per week until that member reaches , say for example, 50-60 posts, then he/she will be at their own will, whether they want to post or not.

This trend of people coming saying hi and leaving with one post or similar should be looked upon. And members who have been members since 2005 with only 10 posts or similar should also be dealt with in some way.

What say you? :smil:
At the end, this is just my opinions and views :salute:

Last edited:
How can they be an overload when they are not active? You can never force someone to post on a forum and if people register and later thinks "well that's not something for me" that is their business and certainly not yours. Regarding the warnings you mentioned I think it is better to warn for posting one single line or just a few words instead of not posting at all. Quality rather than quantity in my opinion, I think you are making a drama out of nothing.

Well, Whatever...

Last edited:
How can they be an overload when they are not active?

using analogy, this in my opinion is like a big 'useless' population of 'unemployed' people.

You can never force someone to post on a forum and if people register and later thinks "well that's not something for me"

Well, erase them.

Regarding the warnings you mentioned I think it is better to warn for posting one single line or just a few words instead of not posting at all. Quality rather than quantity in my opinion,

I said no spaming, and let them be active rather than 'unemployed'. Besides , they are not posting at all, let alone quality. And if they decide that this is not their place.. well, what I said ^

I think you are making a drama out of nothing.

There will come a day where you should at least respect the personalities of others
:smil:

Are they really bothering you that bad Mighty? Live and let live my friend.

Well to be honest not much. I mean I can live with them without them bothering me. But till when? till when will we keep having those people whom I have mentioned? I just thought of 'cleaning' them and or having more helpful new comers. Imagine having 1,000,000 members with only 100 really doing something, heh :p

At the end its their loss not mines :avi:

Many members look at threads and don't post and there is nothing wrong with that.

yep, I know and was contemplating on it. There is though, the possibility of not being a member and still looking at threads, except the 'Rigistered Members' section :)

Mod Warning: Gentlemen, don't allow this non-issue to escalate into a shouting match.

It's normal that at least 50% of the registered members never posts or even activates their accounts at almost all forums..
Just check the memberlist at the other forums you visit, and you'll see for yourself..
I have deleted over 2,000 non-activated/zero post accounts in the past so I certainly do something about it...
(many forums never deletes their inactive members)

And if you check in the forum stats you'll see that we have a very good posting VS. non-posting member ratio..
  • User(s) with at least one posting: 2,510 (77%)
  • User(s) with no postings: 710 (23%)
Members who doesn't post will also get a reminder at the top of every page when they visit the forum, so that's really all I can and will do about this...

I have deleted over 2,000 non-activated/zero post accounts in the past so I certainly do something about it...
(many forums never deletes their inactive members)

thats good to know :smil:

And if you check in the forum stats you'll see that we have a very good posting VS. non-posting member ratio..
  • User(s) with at least one posting: 2,510 (77%)
  • User(s) with no postings: 710 (23%)

its good indeed, but thats just users with 'at least one post'. The percentage will decrease if we take out the inactive people with low posts. Well hey at least they posted :pirate:

Members who doesn't post will also get a reminder at the top of every page when they visit the forum, so that's really all I can and will do about this..

keep up the good work :salute:

But I really can't see why this is such a big issue?
It doesn't affect anyone or use any resources???

But I really can't see why this is such a big issue?
It doesn't affect anyone or use any resources???

as I said, it wont bother me, but I just thought of doing something on the matter.
You know, in the BF2 server, it says something like "we have over 4500 members" (or something), when someone reads that, he goes like 'wow'.. but really, out of those 4000, how many are actually doing anything?

its okay anyway :santam16:

Ummm, who cares? Its like bitchin about people reading the newspaper and not writing letters to the editor. MM I'm sure there are other things of more import that you could carry on about yeah??

Shouldn't there be like a cutoff date?

Like say no posts within a year, delete...?
Like I said earlier: I do purge the member database from time to time.
If I didn't do that we would have around 5,700 members here now.

Why not stop with the homage to Mighty Mac and the glib one line responses and state the reasoning behind your comment.

Back