New Member.

Damien435

Hi, I am new on Milforum, I found this site through NationStates. I live in Sioux Falls, SD, basically it is the largest city in one of the smallest states in the US, so it would kind of be like winning the toilet bowl. I am 17 years old, I will be a senior in High School next year and I am planning on joining the Army after I graduate, right now I am a busser at a bar here in town, while I have been there for three years and longer than all but 5 other employee's my age has prevented me from getting any advances, which pisses me off, I don't like being stuck in the same job, but people there are starting to treat me like I know what I am doing once in a while, rather than always trying to hold my hand and guide me through my job. Even though I have trained 3 other bussers, 2 waitresses and a bartender. The managers have even started asking me about who we should schedule and when. I like to play Basketball and Football, but that has been a problem lately since I sprained my ankle and fractured a bone in my wrist, in my free time I can be found here, on NationStates, or playing Xbox, until my wrist heals, then I am back out at the lake and playing Basketball.

Welcome. May I recommend that you find a new job at an establishment where they appreciate your better qualities :?: :)

Well, how I got my job is an interesting story, basically my dad is friends with the owners, when he said they had an opening there and offered to take me there to get an application, I said yes because I didn't have the guts to say no, after all, my dad was home once a week and I didn't want to argue with him the one night when he was home, so that is how I got my job.

Oh, and I should adjust what I said alittle, I plan on joining the Army or Marines once I graduate, or join the DEP, one of the two.

The Delayed Enlistment Program is tied to a particular service and is not a service by itself (trust me, I was in the DEP before I went Active Duty Army while I finished college). Which branch of the Armed Forces you choose is up to you. What are you interested in doing?

First of all, I meant join the DEP as in do that rather than wait till I graduate to join one of the services, just to clarify that.

And Second, I have always wanted to be in the Infantry, I don't know why, that is just what I have always wanted to do, perhaps it has something to do with listening to my grandpa's stories about Korea, maybe I just want to join the Military and be in a position where I don't have to make the decisions, decision making has never been a strong point for me, perhaps I am hoping way deep down inside that I can just stay at a low rank and just do as I am told, or something like that, I don't know why, I honestly don't, the recruiters always ask why I want to join the Infantry and I just sit there stammering trying to find the reason somewhere, but I can't.

Third and final, I took the ASVAB today, scored a 95. Basivally I am qualified for anything in the Army, they have line scores, as I am sure most people in here know about, those are for more specifif parts of the Army I guess, anyways, I scored within 7 points of each other on all 12 Army categories, 124 being the lowest with 131 being the highest. That test seemed really strange for me, I thought it would be about history and stuff, I was dead wrong, their was a lot of stuff I didn't know, so the first thing I did when the recruiter asked how I thought I did I said "Their is no way in hell I got an 88 like the Prediction test said I would." I truly didn't think I would do that well, I am Car dumb so I thought that the AutoMechanical section whatever it was called would doom me, guess I know a little more than I thought in that area. And I have always struggled with English classes, that still didn't stop me. I plan on retaking the test, try to improve my score, get that ever so elusive 99, oh, and I must also ignore my friend who says he is being exactly that, a friend, when he tells me not to join the military because I will die, I just tell him "we are all gonna die, might as well die honorably."

I just tell him "we are all gonna die, might as well die honorably."
HOOAH :D

The ASVAB is designed to test knowledge of and aptitude for particular fields. The Infantry is a good choice, but with your scores, you have the freedom to choose almost anything. Think hard on this before you sign up.

Back