jeffrey01104

U S Navy vet. served 6/50 to12/53. now widowed after53 years with a woman i met as a result of my enlistment and they said it wouldn't last.
I was looking for infomation on military item.Found a collector whom is a member of this group . He directed over here,so here i am. I have come across a sleeping bag labled U.S.N.,tan in color. what I have been told it came home with a sailor in 1946. I never saw or heard of a navy sleeping .would like any infomation it that any of you old salts might have. thank you

Welcome Jeffrey. It's always a pleasure to have another veteran among us. Enjoy your time on the forums.

Welcome Jeffrey, perhaps Chief Bones can help you out with the sleeping bag question when comes around in a few hours.
;)

Welcome Jeffrey. Sorry to hear about your Spouse. We have 43 years and counting. Also, we heard the same as you, it won't last, you're too young.
I agree with bulldogg, Chief Bones can help you out on that one I'll wager.

Welcom

jeffrey01104 said:
I have come across a sleeping bag labled U.S.N.,tan in color. what I have been told it came home with a sailor in 1946. I never saw or heard of a navy sleeping .would like any infomation it that any of you old salts might have. thank you

jeff
Welcome aboard - knock on the door and c'mon into the Goat Locker.
Kick off your shoes and pull up a chair.
The :coffee: is hot, black and thick enough to cut and the cook has fixed a batch of cookies.

====================================================
As far as the fart sack - the only thing I can think of are the sleeping bags that were issued to the CBs and to shore parties assigned to sorting out all of the thousand and one items that were shipped ashore after the beach front was secure. They were designed for use in the South Pacific and were made of fairly light material. I believe that they were all labelled "USN". That would also fit right in with the 1946 date. If I remember, they were a light shitty tan color that had a tendency to bleach out to a dirty whitish tan. The only reason I recognize the description was because I purchased one as a kid from an Army/Navy store to be used while camping as a Boy Scout.

Back