sjacquemotte

Well I have joined the Texas National Guard. I live in San Antonio TX. I am 25 and just got married. I have always wanted to join the military. I feel every American should do a term in the US military, but have been trying to get my Bachelors before I joined. I am about 4 semesters away from that goal. I decided to join now because...
1. I am compelled by all the soldiers who have left their families and friends to keep me and my family safe. It makes me feel proud to be an American. I think me joining is the least I could do. I do not want to go to war, but would feel privileged to go if it means another soldier gets to come home.
2. I believe in the War on Terror.
3. I am sick of these damn anti American hippies always talking trash. The way I see it, if I join the Army maybe I won't be around so many of them.
My MOS is 19D and I leave for basic on 20050816. I am planning on trying to go to BAC or the Ranger school after AIT. I am not sure how and this is the question that brought me to this forum.

sjacquemotte said:
Well I have joined the Texas National Guard. I live in San Antonio TX. I am 25 and just got married. I have always wanted to join the military. I feel every American should do a term in the US military, but have been trying to get my Bachelors before I joined. I am about 4 semesters away from that goal. I decided to join now because...
1. I am compelled by all the soldiers who have left their families and friends to keep me and my family safe. It makes me feel proud to be an American. I think me joining is the least I could do. I do not want to go to war, but would feel privileged to go if it means another soldier gets to come home.
2. I believe in the War on Terror.
3. I am sick of these damn anti American hippies always talking trash. The way I see it, if I join the Army maybe I won't be around so many of them.
My MOS is 19D and I leave for basic on 20050816. I am planning on trying to go to BAC or the Ranger school after AIT. I am not sure how and this is the question that brought me to this forum.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!! hahhaha my brother is a marine figting in iraq :salute2: i like the way you think. welcome to the forums :m1:

Welcome to the forums sjacquemotte. Good luck with your military aspirations. Check in with us and keep us updated on your progress. Just a few more days left, you must be geting excited.

Good luck on getting those schools - they are funded by your state (since your National Guard). We were told NG and AR have no chance to get BAC slots/ RIP slots right out of AIT. Keep on asking your recruiter, DS's at AIT, or in your case, OSUT. Good luck at Knox in the cold months! Misery, Agony, and Heartbreak will be as common as curse words coming out of your mouth...

Back