New member looking for history

dmasons

My name is Donna. My dad served in the army engineers during World War II. Unfortunately he died when I was young and too stupid to ask about his experiences and service. Now I'm playing catch-up.

Lt. Donald Mason served in the ETO entering on Utah Beach. He was not if the first wave but came later with supplies. He was in the 1303rd Engineer Service Regiment who put together trucks/convoys for supplies (I think). He also worked with a combat battalion that built bridges and ran telephone lines. (44th Engineer Combat Battalion). Any information on these units is greatly appreciated. I have some pictures I would like to post as well. Some I can't figure out so I hope some one out there can identify them.

I also want to thank all our military men and women and their families for their sacrifices and service. You make this nation possible!! You are my heroes.

Looking forward to being a part of this group.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!:horsie:

I'm sure we can help with some of the history you are looking for! :) I have been working on the same with my grandfather. His records were lost by the Army in a fire...

i hope you find everything you need--i found my dad, whom i had not seen since i was 4, about 10 years ago--just a few years before he died. it was good to know who he was as a person--helped me to understand more about myself.

From one newbie to another, welcome. I do not know if this will help at all, but there is a book out there on the 1303rd.

I hope I am not breaking any rules posting the title here. If so, it is not intentional.

Patton's Fighting Bridge Builders By Joseph C. Fitzharris, 2007

hey im new here

hey my name is kimberly i am new to the site found it looking up cadences was just trying to remember a couple of the cadences i couldnt recall all of and was looking for new cadences to memorize. I was in njrotc all during high school and i am real big into the military. i have many family members and friends that are in the service am always wanting to learn more on the different branches of the service

God Bless all of the Soldiers

Last edited:
Back