New member - 19D20D3

Cavjoshh

I started out with just under 6 years active duty Army (19D20D3) Cavalry Scout. Graduated Basic 5 days before 9/11 thinking I was going to do my four and get out nice and easy. Wasn't a very good kid but the fact I was going to actually have to work straightened me out. Crossed the berm with 2-70th Armor attached to 101st Airborne the night of the initial invasion in 2003. Spent a year there, then another tour from 05-06. Finished as an E-5P (signed a dec statement to get out of active because I had orders for drill and after 4 years training to go to Iraq or in Iraq I wasn't looking forward to 3 more years on the trail.) In retrospect I should have stayed in.

Since then I have worked a few civilian jobs, then did 3 years with Security at Johns Hopkins. Unarmed and low paying, but an easy way to acclimate myself back into the civilian sector. After that I worked some Armed security in the rougher areas of Southern Maryland and recently did some time on Joint Base Andrews as an Armed Contract Security Officer.

I have decided to leave the civilian security world and go back to my military roots. I am currently working on beginning my own business (Tyr Security Industries) with another veteran. I am working through Ian International, Inc. as their Military and Government Contract Coordinator. We are looking to push forward into sourcing and logistics for the PMC, Military and Government sectors.

If I didn't have a family I'd probably be trying to get into PMC work. I miss the camaraderie. As it is I spend 3-5 days a week in the gym, play softball and football in rec leagues and teach kickboxing to friends and family.

My Business Email for Ian International, Inc. is Josh@IanIntl.com . Please feel free to contact me for business questions/requests.

Thanks,

Josh

Back