New Korean war?

Remington 1858

The situation with Kim Jong Un should not be taken lightly. The choices for the U.S. are stark. Increasingly it comes down to look the other way or go to war. Firing missiles in the direction of Japan, Guam the mainland U.S. are acts of war depending only upon where the missile lands. If it gets too close, the U.S. has only the option of military action.
Another land war in Korea would seem to be out of the question given the current state of U.S. military commitments and the memory of the last Korean war. America already have 1.5 wars going on right now!
An all-out nuclear strike could not be ruled out.
If the thought of these outcomes is frightening, imagine what the citizens of South Korea are thinking.

The situation with Kim Jong Un should not be taken lightly. The choices for the U.S. are stark. Increasingly it comes down to look the other way or go to war. Firing missiles in the direction of Japan, Guam the mainland U.S. are acts of war depending only upon where the missile lands. If it gets too close, the U.S. has only the option of military action.
Another land war in Korea would seem to be out of the question given the current state of U.S. military commitments and the memory of the last Korean war. America already have 1.5 wars going on right now!
An all-out nuclear strike could not be ruled out.
If the thought of these outcomes is frightening, imagine what the citizens of South Korea are thinking.

I am not sure how we have reached the conclusion that wiping out South Korea, a chunk of China, Russia and probably Japan in retaliation for firing missiles into the ocean is a good return on investment.

I am sorry but nuking North Korea is an idiotic option given that the attack will kill more South Koreans and Japanese (who are apparently on our side) than North Koreans not to mention it will probably piss off Russia and China immensely and they have big glow in the dark sticks of their own.

Lets not forget that radition from Fukushima made it to the USA in 10 days and that was a minor incident by comparisson to a nuclear exchange.

My suggestion is that we lock the two lunatics with bad haircuts in a room and let them beat the shit out of each other, last one standing wins.

Last edited:
I'm okay with your suggestion except I don't think it will happen.
The trouble is that there are some low-yield nuclear weapons such as the B-61 bomb that make it seem that a nuclear war is winnable.
I overheard a couple of loud-mouth military retirees sounding off the other day at my gun club about how " nuclear weapons when employed properly" would solve the Kim problem. We had better hope that the guy in the White House doesn't think like that, but I think he might.
However, If the nuclear war doesn't start on the Korean Peninsula it will start somewhere else, India vs Pakistan, Iran vs Israel. It's only a matter of time.

I'm okay with your suggestion except I don't think it will happen.
The trouble is that there are some low-yield nuclear weapons such as the B-61 bomb that make it seem that a nuclear war is winnable.
I overheard a couple of loud-mouth military retirees sounding off the other day at my gun club about how " nuclear weapons when employed properly" would solve the Kim problem. We had better hope that the guy in the White House doesn't think like that, but I think he might.
However, If the nuclear war doesn't start on the Korean Peninsula it will start somewhere else, India vs Pakistan, Iran vs Israel. It's only a matter of time.

I don't believe nuclear war is inevitable primarily because politicians are cowards, they are happy to start wars as long as they and their families are never in the firing line and a nuclear exchange puts everyone in the firing line.

However, with Trump and Kim, you have two complete lunatics who do not have the mental capacity to follow the Kenny Rogers rule and "know when to fold them" they have the mental thought capabilities of schoolyard children who just have to keep one up-ing the other guy to win.

I doubt there will be an exchange mainly because I hope the US political establishment's self-preservation mode will kick in and put Trump in the time out corner until things calm down but no one will win any nuclear exchange no matter how limited.

North Korean leaders have been full of $hit since day one. A waste of time to talk with them. I actually hope that one of his missiles lands on Japan or even better Vladivostok. Odds of him hitting the US is very unlikely. Perhaps he will become a reality TV star on "My 600 Lb Life." Dennis Rodman can whipe his butt. Of course a nuclear war is winnable! Remember WW2?

Last edited:
North Korean leaders have been full of $hit since day one. A waste of time to talk with them. I actually hope that one of his missiles lands on Japan or even better Vladivostok. Odds of him hitting the US is very unlikely. Perhaps he will become a reality TV star on "My 600 Lb Life." Dennis Rodman can whipe his butt. Of course a nuclear war is winnable! Remember WW2?

Lets also remember that nukes in WW2 were tiny and all one way, how amused do you think the South Koreans, Chinese, Japanese or even the Russians be with a US radiation cloud?

WW2 was not a nuclear war and as much as I would like to see North Korea towed out to see and sunk the reality is that unless you are prepared to put up with a huge number of casualties in allied countries alone there is no military solution to this one.

I don't believe nuclear war is inevitable primarily because politicians are cowards, they are happy to start wars as long as they and their families are never in the firing line and a nuclear exchange puts everyone in the firing line.

However, with Trump and Kim, you have two complete lunatics who do not have the mental capacity to follow the Kenny Rogers rule and "know when to fold them" they have the mental thought capabilities of schoolyard children who just have to keep one up-ing the other guy to win.

I doubt there will be an exchange mainly because I hope the US political establishment's self-preservation mode will kick in and put Trump in the time out corner until things calm down but no one will win any nuclear exchange no matter how limited.

The President of the US and the dictator of North Korea are not lunatics. They are both intelligent people knowing what and why they and the opponent are doing . There will be no nuclear ,nor conventional war ,unless events happen that force one of both to start a conventional/nuclear war, and these events,on which they have no influence, can happen every day .

The President of the US and the dictator of North Korea are not lunatics. They are both intelligent people knowing what and why they and the opponent are doing . There will be no nuclear ,nor conventional war ,unless events happen that force one of both to start a conventional/nuclear war, and these events,on which they have no influence, can happen every day .

I am not sure I agree, I think both leaders are unstable and more worryingly full of themselves both believe they can win based on inapplicable logic.

The North Korean Dictator believe's (relatively correctly) that as long as China and Russia do nothing against him, America can do nothing to stop him.
As such he can push as hard as he likes short of actually bombing someone.

The American Dictator believes (relatively correctly) that North Korea cant touch him and as such he can rattle the sabre as much as he likes stopping short of bombing North Korea.

But they are both textbook narcissists who know that most people are confrontation adverse so they both sit there making threats and waiting for the other to back off but the problem is both are alike and as such neither will.

In the end, both know that as soon as the first shot was fired they would cowering in the bottom of the deepest bunker they could find.

But you are right there will be no war because in the end it really is two puffed-up Chihuahua's pretending to be wolves.

It is very strange that no one had been thinking on the reason why Kim is producing atomic weapons and missiles, given the fact that he can not destroy the US .

The obvious reason is domestic : the Achilles heel of the regime of NK is food : while the economic situation is improving, no one knows if Kim will survive a new famine : the regime survived the last famine because of the help from abroad . If there is a new famine and no food from abroad , the outlook for Kim is dire . But, if he has atomic weapons and can say to SK/US : give me money/food,or I will destroy Seoul/Los Angeles, he is save.

Does he have these weapons ? No one knows :he has missiles and nuclear weapons, but no one knows if they can transport these nuclear weapons to the US . That's why he is bluffing : he tries to scare US ,hoping that Trump is another Carter and that he can blackmail him with the choice : money or Los Angeles .

Trump OTOH has not much choice : he can't start a conventional war,as the US have no longer the manpower for such a war, a nuclear war is excluded as SK will oppose it .The only thing Trump can do is to show the world, the American public and Kim that he is not impressed by the threats of Kim who are only blahblah . And that's what Trump is doing . The whole thing is only a mock fight . Til there is a new famine ......

Eu2slq1.png

Tango Marco.. Kung Hu ung Du

Serria Alpha Omega Whisky Tango Chief Kong Du eilte communications and nuclear physis. Target loco echo echo cod Fung ew. Target and Elimenate. 100-cxx-008 512-xxc-332 990-11xc-909 Spot location 400 ft underground bunker enterance 30 mile eastern south 30 degrees loco Zung Hu ung How capture and integro integro alpah recon zeta omega prime delta delta alpha athur zigma oh mat ta zella zella alpha

3 guards wearing white rad suits within close proximity of cod H-que120... carring pistols and dagger sworn to un ju mong kongo with heavy machinary on delta bravo hijack HUM 430012#57

Back