NEW JOIN

Nichols

Hello everyone,

Here's my scoop:

Most important aspects of my life:

Lenka, my wife, three children; Teresa (11), Tomas (3), Anna (2).

What I've been up to:

Originally from Pittsburgh PA
Went to boot camp in May 1981, attended Infantry Training School at Camp Geiger from Aug-Sep 1981, MOS 0311.

Reported to Pittsburgh Reserve unit in October. Unit redesignated to MP unit in December. Attended Reserve MP School at Fort Meade in June 82, MOS 5811. Departed for active duty November 1982.

A Company 1/6, Nov 82 – Jan 86 Lejeune
Held billets from Grenadier (heaviest weapon, give to new guy mentality) to Squad Leader & Company NBC gopher which turned out to be my first taste of creating a training schedule. Attended 3 NBC schools & Squad Leader School. 2 Unit Deployment Programs to Okinawa (Oki, Mt Fuji, Guam, Tinian, Siapan, Korea, Diego Garcia, Thailand), Honduras, Panama, Bahamas, Vieques, multiple CONUS deployments…….

4th Marine Regtiment Scout Sniper Platoon Sergeant, Jan 86 - Jun 90 (gotta love Camp Schwab Okinawa) Attended 2ID Sniper Course Korea, Naval Gunfire Course Phillipines, Air Force TACP in Korea. Multiple deployments from Schwab to various locations in the AO, furthest west was Oman.

K Company 3/2, Jun 90 – May 92, 1st Platoon Sergeant. 3/2 Task Organized to 4th MEB for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Visited Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Egypt, Israel, Spain, Norway and multiple CONUS deployments.

Marine Security Guard May 92 – Oct 94

Spent 7 months at Prague as the Assistant Detachment Commander. Met a young Czech woman working in the American Citizens Services section of the Embassy. Vacation spots visited; Slovakia, Poland, Germany.

Assigned as Detachemnt Commander Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR). Visited Cameroon, Chad, Congo, Zaire, Cote de Ivory. Interesting road trip; picked up a new Land Cruiser in Douala and drove to Bangui.

2/1 Wpns Co, Oct 94, 81 mm Mortar Section Leader, Attended Plt Sgt Course & Career Course. Visited Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Eritrea, Oman, Australia and multiple CONUS deployments.

F Co, 2/1 Smallboats, Dec 95, Platoon Sergeant/Chief Navigator/Chief Assault Climber. Attended Mountain Leaders Course (summer), Over The Horizon Navigation Course. Married the girl from the embassy at Prague that I met in 92. Vacation spots included a mirror of Wpns Co West Pac with the addition of Penang, Surabaya, and the east coast of Australia.

MCSF Company Rota, Jan 98 – Jan 01, Training Chief, assistant Guard Chief. Attended NATO NBC Course, NATO Operations Chief Course. Visited; Czech Republic, Portugal, Andorra, France, Italy, UK, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Gibraltar. Great European road trips from Rota-Prague

Marine Corps Institute Company, Marine Barracks Washington DC, Distance Learning Instructor/Course writer. Jan 01- Nov 02 Terminal Leave, Retirement Jan 03)

PM Trasys, Project Manager for Ground based Tactical Decision making Simulations – current.

@Itailian Guy thanks for the PM :D

Well, Gunny, it sounds like if you haven't been there, it's not worth going.
Welcome and this is going to be interesting, especially to someone who stayed Stateside my whole enlistment. :)

Welcome to the boards Nichols 8)
You know yours has been I think the best most accurate introduction we've had in years(?) :type: . Just in the top three, at worst ;)
Thank you for that, and for joining. I'm sure you'll like it in here. We have a certain number of fellow Marines here, and members of all ages, from teenagers to 60+ veterans :salute2: . Well looking forward to reading your comments. Later :rambo:

Nichols said:
Italian Guy thanks for the PM :D

Anytime :rockin:

Welcome to the forums Gunny.

Thank you very much for your great intro.. :)

Back