NEW israeliweapons update (NAMERA PICS!!!)

Namera looks awsome, although I'm a bit concerned about just how well you can see with an OWS when you're in an urban terrain that is just cluttered with possible threats.

The APC is based on the Israeli caapability to build APCs from the hull of tanks. There have offered this technology to convert T-72 hulls to APCs.
The Nemera is a development of this technology, since it is based on the hull of the Merkava. So it is going to provide much better protection that the M113 APCs or the M1/2 IFVs.

In my opinion, that vehicle seems to be the ideal fighting machine for urban combat, especially when supporting infantry. It also has protection for its tracks so RPG attacks will have a lower chance of immobilising the vehicle.

yeah, it is a good APC. And its needed badly. But we now have a Chief of the General Staff that is from the Air Force, so i doubt the budget for it will become available. :?

rocco said:

Interesting that one of the new vehicles is called Puma, the same name that Germany choose for her new IFV although the names were chosen for different reasons.

The Namera looks exactly like its roots, i.e a turret hull converted into an APC. Sounds like it's fairly pricey though. How many M113s does the IDF still have in service?

Marksman said:
i dont see whats so awsome about it,it looks like one of those german low profile APC'c

well i give u reason why its good in my opinion

as its made from merkava =

High protection
stays at same speed as merkavas
saves money

Interesting that one of the new vehicles is called Puma, the same name that Germany choose for her new IFV although the names were chosen for different reasons.

The Namera looks exactly like its roots, i.e a turret hull converted into an APC. Sounds like it's fairly pricey though. How many M113s does the IDF still have in service?

puma isnt a new vehicle, but i added it cuz the website put in a bunch of new pics for it... the puma is made after lebanon war

corner shot is also not a new entry, however what is new is how they added pics and details about a corner gren launcher etc.

off topic:

That is not a very accurate one, in my opinion. Some of the vehicels there are not inn service at all right now... Here arwe the ones that do not exist in the IDF for sure(this is strictly from forieghn sources):
M48A5- All IDF Magach conversions that remain in service are said to be M60.
Centurion: the last reserve centurion units were dibanded, and replaced by Merkava Mk 2 or Magach tanks. Some centurions may be kept in storage for dire emergency...
Tiran 4/5/6: Non remain in service.
Also note that Merkava noumbers are probaly higher, since the Merkava Mk 4 is entering service in large noumbers.

BTR 152: No longer in service.
M3 halftrack: also said to be no longer in service.

Now, if the Namera will be mass produced to replace M113, we could see a situation where most of Israels AFVs are based on the Merkava. And remember there are still plans for a merkava based SPA and there is a Merkava recovery tank...

But like I said, we have a lot of budget problems.

Self Propelled Artillery.

As far as accurate noumbers, there are no reall sources for that, its anyones guess...

that is old, but im sure its accurate for then? israeliweapons seem to have best info around imo

yes, but the actual noumbers are kept secret even from IDF officers. So no one really knows. this is getting off toppic. open a new topic if you wish.

Back