New Hostage Crisis in Russia

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
About 150-200 persons (aprox 120 children) are being held hostage at a Russian primary school.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/09/01/russia.school/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3616868.stm

At least 17 masked men and women, some wearing explosive belts, stormed the school as more than 200 pupils gathered for the first day of the new term.

They are threatening to blow up their hostages if they are stormed by the police...

Holding grown-ups as hostages is one thing, but when the terrorists starts to use innocent children as shields then they have lost their right to be called human beings...

yeah you jsut want to kill everyone of them..

just do it like in Nord-Ost send in the some sleeping gas and cut ther throats off

Sombody call up Spetnez, but don't use the gas, It will kill the children, they cannot stand the amount It takes to knock out a grown terrorist.

GuyontheRight said:
Sombody call up Spetnez, but don't use the gas, It will kill the children, they cannot stand the amount It takes to knock out a grown terrorist.

Spetsnaz is already there, but i mean some sleeping gas..

683419_20040901113953.gif

683442_20040901123458.gif

beslafede.jpg

_40022726_troops300.jpg

_40023108_ossetia4.jpg

[/list]

That "sleeping gas" is highly unstable. You don't know the metabolic rates of the people, can't monitor dosage, and (worst of all) kids' systems move faster and the effects would be more dramatic and likely deadlier.

Gotta wait them out, negotiate the release of the children for minor concessions (food, water, electricity, etc.). Times wears down the hostage takers.

Just hope and pray (if that's your style).

It's a little less than 400 according to the paper, Guy, I think yoiu got too many zeroes in there.
I hope that there will be as near a bloodless resolution to this as possible, but I do not see it ending well.

Just heard on the news here in Norway that two large explosion has been heard, and black smoke seen, from the school now.
Machinegun fire has also been heard from the area.

Several of the terrorists has/had explosives attached to their body..

There is 354 hostages at the school.

Haven't heard any more than this..

Damn all terrorists to hell... :evil:

Yes, sorry It was around 400, but Redleg's number seems corect. It seems like some parents are trying to tade themselves for their children. A shame our world has come to it.

Gotta wait them out, negotiate the release of the children for minor concessions (food, water, electricity, etc.). Times wears down the hostage takers.

as much as i wish it were possible it isn't, you can't bargain with these people because all they understand is hate, we need to use some concussion grenades, or something, if those terrorists do make it out alive, i want to see them get an ass kicking in Russian prison.

Redleg, have they shown anything about this on the American news networks.

i just read in Russian news that those hostages said that terrorists are totaly drugd and cannot talk and walk...

Russia never catches any breaks, do they. As Chechnya goes, I don't know that there will ever be a solution to the problems coming their way from that province.

looks like the school has been captured with minimal fatalities (tv reports saying about 10) and 250 casualities, but it is so vague.

Apparently some of the terrorists were leaving the school and some children made a break for freedom and the terrorists shot at them and there was an explosion. Some of the terrorists have escaped the school and are now holed up in a building. there are reports of hostages in the building but that is uncomfirmed.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3624024.stm

Back