New Hostage Crisis in Russia

--

September 1st, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: New Hostage Crisis in Russia

About 150-200 persons (aprox 120 children) are being held hostage at a Russian primary school.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...ool/index.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3616868.stm

Quote:
At least 17 masked men and women, some wearing explosive belts, stormed the school as more than 200 pupils gathered for the first day of the new term.
They are threatening to blow up their hostages if they are stormed by the police...

Holding grown-ups as hostages is one thing, but when the terrorists starts to use innocent children as shields then they have lost their right to be called human beings...
September 1st, 2004  
Snauhi

yeah you jsut want to kill everyone of them..

just do it like in Nord-Ost send in the some sleeping gas and cut ther throats off
September 1st, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Sombody call up Spetnez, but don't use the gas, It will kill the children, they cannot stand the amount It takes to knock out a grown terrorist.
--
September 1st, 2004  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Sombody call up Spetnez, but don't use the gas, It will kill the children, they cannot stand the amount It takes to knock out a grown terrorist.
Spetsnaz is already there, but i mean some sleeping gas..
September 1st, 2004  
Snauhi

[/list]
September 2nd, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

That "sleeping gas" is highly unstable. You don't know the metabolic rates of the people, can't monitor dosage, and (worst of all) kids' systems move faster and the effects would be more dramatic and likely deadlier.

Gotta wait them out, negotiate the release of the children for minor concessions (food, water, electricity, etc.). Times wears down the hostage takers.

Just hope and pray (if that's your style).
September 2nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Apparenlty Ive heard 8 dead, and around 4000 still being held. God help Vladimir Putin
September 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

It's a little less than 400 according to the paper, Guy, I think yoiu got too many zeroes in there.
I hope that there will be as near a bloodless resolution to this as possible, but I do not see it ending well.
September 2nd, 2004  
Redleg

Just heard on the news here in Norway that two large explosion has been heard, and black smoke seen, from the school now.
Machinegun fire has also been heard from the area.

Several of the terrorists has/had explosives attached to their body..

There is 354 hostages at the school.

Haven't heard any more than this..

Damn all terrorists to hell...
September 2nd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Yes, sorry It was around 400, but Redleg's number seems corect. It seems like some parents are trying to tade themselves for their children. A shame our world has come to it.