New Hostage Crisis in Russia - Page 5

--

September 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

30 dead SF? Damn, thats a shame. I think we can say with near certainty It was Spetznaz, I was listning to Russian news, and they called them "Specil Services", which IIRC, is what the common term is over there.
September 5th, 2004  
Snauhi

its died only 10 of SF's
September 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Now Im hearing there were 26 terrorists, and all of them are dead, according to the Baltimore Sun.
--
September 5th, 2004  
Snauhi

i have heard that it was 32 terrorists 30 of them are dead, and that 10 SF's died too.
September 5th, 2004  
Redleg

10 or 20 SF dead, yes it's bad, but they were doing their job..
30-40 terrorist dead, I wish it was 100-1000 times as many..

But about 500 dead civilians, about half of them children, that's the great tragedy here..

Get my point?.....

Heard on the news here now that it's clear that this was a very well planned terrorist action.
Several of the adult hostages were used to break up floors in the building to find hidden weapons and explosives.
The evidence points toward Sjamil Basajev as the "mastermind" behind the operation.
Basajev is also suspected to have planned the terrorist attack towards the theater in Moscow (2002).
September 5th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

You said It Redleg, worse yet, these *******s tortured the kids and mocked them the whole way through. Where are the Imans of the world, condeming this attack? When will the Islamic leadership of this world say enough is enough?
September 6th, 2004  
Big_Z

A released hostage said the children were being treated fairly not that it changes anything.
September 6th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

That was so sad. My mom told me about it after reading the newspaper. I thank God I live in America sometimes, not that other places are bad, I just like America.
September 6th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

does anyone know anyone of importance in Russia like a politican or Russian military, if you do pleae ask them, because there are like 25 different stories and death counts on the forum.
September 6th, 2004  
Redleg

I don't think the Russians knows the exact number yet either..

The official death toll last night (sunday) were 338, but around 200 people are still unaccounted for.

Here's and interesting article from BBC.
One of the terrorists has been "interviewed" on TV:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3630128.stm

I'm afraid it's a bit late to be sorry now....